Windows 10: I need to completely disable all repetition of keys in Windows 10.

Discus and support I need to completely disable all repetition of keys in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard repeats keys when they are being held down.This is a nice feature in concept, but makes playing video games completely impossible.Try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JanoschR, Aug 13, 2022.

1. JanoschR Win User

I need to completely disable all repetition of keys in Windows 10.

My keyboard repeats keys when they are being held down.This is a nice feature in concept, but makes playing video games completely impossible.Try driving a car in GTA5: The car drives for a short distance, then the engine stutters.Try walking in Minecraft: The character walks for a few blocks, then starts vibrating on the spot.I have tried following countless guides on disabling key repetition, but all of them have either been outdated or didn't work.I have tried this with multiple keyboard, all from different manufactures and on different USB ports and it still happens.I believe this is proba

:)

JanoschR, Aug 13, 2022
  2. JanoschR Win User

My keyboard repeats keys when they are being held down.
    This is a nice feature in concept, but makes playing video games completely impossible.

Try driving a car in GTA5: The car drives for a short distance, then the engine stutters.
    Try walking in Minecraft: The character walks for a few blocks, then starts vibrating on the spot.

I have tried following countless guides on disabling key repetition, but all of them have either been outdated or didn't work.

I have tried this with multiple keyboard, all from different manufactures and on different USB ports and it still happens.

I believe this is probably some short-cut I keep activating on accident, since this is not the first time it has happened.

The last time this happened I just accepted my fate and eventually fixed it by reinstalling Windows (which I did for unrelated reasons).

Thanks in advance.

JanoschR, Aug 13, 2022
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 13, 2022
  4. I need to completely disable all repetition of keys in Windows 10.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. I need to completely disable all repetition of keys in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - need completely disable

2. How do i disable the function keys completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  3. How do i disable the function keys completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  4. Repetitive Blue Screen Errors, need help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repetitive Blue Screen Errors, need help.: Dear Community, I have been getting a lot of repetitive blue screen errors on my new pre-built PC. Wondering if someone can have a look at my minidump files to find the root of the problem. Here is the Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqWux3DcnOCgmHbyDEv6uuCXz5h?e=5DKmr1...
  5. How to disable Bitlocker Recovery Key completely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Bitlocker Recovery Key completely?: Hi. So we got a bunch of laptops that have Bitlocker enabled by default (i guess). At least when you go into Windows, then under Bitlocker settings it offers to disable (decrypt) the drive. One of our laptops had a warranty recall, and after motherboard swap it asked for...
  6. What's with all this repetitive stuff?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's with all this repetitive stuff?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shannybabayaga [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/il08m3/whats_with_all_this_repetitive_stuff/
  7. Can I Disable Any Of These Services Or Are They All Needed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I Disable Any Of These Services Or Are They All Needed?: So every so often I go through my computer, clean up the main folders, documents, downloads, pictures, etc., delete any unused apps, clean out the recycling bin, and run manual security scan with all my security programsBefore anyone asks only 1 is active and works hand in...
  8. I need to disable MS Store completely.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need to disable MS Store completely.: I need to deactivate MS Store completely from my computer. Is there a way to do it? Or at least one way to block or hide it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-disable-ms-store-completely/3175bc02-d41e-4a36-8309-85f7a33b4b8b"
  9. I need to disable MS Store completely.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need to disable MS Store completely.: As the title says, I need to disable MS Store completely from my computer. Is there a way to do that? Or at least a way to block it or hide it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-disable-ms-store-completely/9a06e673-e1e1-48b4-8c16-4f619a4c3bf6"
  10. Windows 10 Sets - disable completely?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sets - disable completely?: Hi all - my PC has not yet received this update, but I have a friend who has and dislikes it a lot. I am pretty sure I am really going to dislike it as well (call me old-school). I know from the tutorial here that there is a way to disable it BY APP, but if I don't want to...