Windows 10: I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Discus and support I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible. I'm only allowed to one device to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wtenten, Apr 17, 2016.

1. wtenten Win User

I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Hi guys,

I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.

I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.

Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot. [​IMG]

What should I do?

Thanks

:)

wtenten, Apr 17, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

HOW TO INSTALL APPS IN WINDOWS PHONE USING PC

You're failing to think of a scenario without WiFi 7thSense. Not everyone is privileged to have it. Desktop PCs could still have Ethernet with no wireless card. Not to mention it is a pain to make Windows a WiFi hotspot. And even if you did make Windows
    a WiFi hotspot, Windows Phone doesn't support connecting to adhoc networks.

Other than needing space for both the XAP and the app files as it's extracting, I don't see why we NEED SD cards for manually installing apps.

Entegy, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Trying to setup Internet Connection Sharing - Without success...

Hello,

I have been trying for the past day now to share my pc internet connection as a wifi hotspot. At my place, there is a bad wifi signal but I do have my computer with a wired connection. I have tried to follow several tricks and tutorials but I can't get it
    to work.

I can create a virtual wifi hotspot, but only when the wifi is enabled - so the ethernet cable is not connected. It can be found on my devices, but it is of no use to repeat the already bad wifi signal. As soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, the wifi is
    disabled and the virtual hotspot is gone.

How do I share my ethernet connection as a wifi hotspot for my devices?

Thanks in advance.

410172Chief, Apr 17, 2016
  4. badrobot Win User

Your wifi is solved but for the ethernet part, you would need a wifi to ethernet adapter like this one.

badrobot, Apr 17, 2016
  5. wtenten Win User
    Thanks for your response.
    I don't wish to use any kind of wifi adapter on the PC due to speed issue. I want it to have the same internet speed as the Laptop hotspot. So if there's a way I could Bridge connection between the hotspot and PC and still have wifi access for other wifi enabled device, I would be very happy.

wtenten, Apr 17, 2016
  6. badrobot Win User
    I am not sure but I think the ethernet port on the host laptop is unidirectional. You have to research on that one.

badrobot, Apr 17, 2016
  7. Kyhi Win User
    bridge your laptops wifi connection to an Ethernet wireless router

you can search> How to daisy chain a wireless router

8. wtenten Win User

Your idea sounds promising. I will investigate and report back. Thanks.

wtenten, Apr 17, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

very easy -- I've made several posts on this but nobody seems to want to try this

1) Use an ETHERNET-->WIFI bridge by setting up an older router to ethernet wifi bridge.

How to extend your network with a Wireless Bridge | D-Link

2) you can now connect up to 4 (or however many ethernet ports the bridging router has) devices via lan cable to the bridging router.

3) the connected devices will be using their internal LAN adapters.

4) You can then use the 5GHhz band for the bridging router - this will give a max speed of 433 Mb/s -- not quite 1GB/s but plenty fast enough.

Your standard Wifi hotspot should still be available for standard wifi connections.

If you have an older spare router that doesn't have ethernet-->wifi bridge settings you could possibly use DD-WRT t get it working - but most newer routers have wifi--ethernet bridge connectivity in their setup.

www.dd-wrt.com | Unleash Your Router

I use the ethernet--wifi bridge method for connecting my NAS box to my network -- works perfectly both for serving multi-media and loading files from laptop etc etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 17, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    I've got one of these in my daughter's bedroom (second floor, main router is in basement):
    Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender

It has been fantastic. It connects to the WiFi from my router two floors down in the basement on both 2.4 and 5 ghz channels, repeats the WiFi signal upstairs and has 4 gigabit ethernet ports - two ethernet ports run her XBox One and her smart TV. It has been the most rock solid network I have ever had.

NavyLCDR, Apr 17, 2016
  11. wtenten Win User
    Could daisy chain work with this Technicolor TC7200.U router? The Internet plug (Coaxial cable connector) is different. And that's the only router I have lying around at home. Here is the MANUAL.

wtenten, Apr 18, 2016
  12. wtenten Win User
    Could it work with this Technicolor TC7200.U router, if I bridge connect one the of the 4 Ethernet connectors with the Laptop hotspot wifi? Here is the MANUAL, in case you need it.

wtenten, Apr 18, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

All that you need is an access point. The Technicolor Gateways are about the worse gateways out there. I run a Access Point that uses Power over Ethernet. It allows it to be placed anywhere that I can run Cat-5e to. As for that USB port. It is for those who wish to use USB for a Network connection.

If you look in my System Spec's and pictures, you will see that I run a separate Router behind my Gateway and then Access Points. Even before I got U-Verse, I was using a Arris 6412 modem, and the Cisco Firewall for handling everything.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot. - Similar Threads - need connect both

2. Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.: My both network connections are always showing 'LIMITED', even if connected with multiple different routers. I already restarted my pc many times, please help to to fix this....
  3. Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.: My both network connections are always showing 'LIMITED', even if connected with multiple different routers. I already restarted my pc many times, please help to to fix this....
  4. Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.: Hey guys, Since the June17 update I have a very specific issue. I use a LAN cable for internet connection and I always used to hotspot my laptop connection to my my phone without any problems. Since the update, when I turn my laptop wifi/hotspot feature on, the connection on...
  5. When connecting Ethernet, wifi is disabled. I need to enable both simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When connecting Ethernet, wifi is disabled. I need to enable both simultaneously: My windows version is 10.0.19043 Build 19043I added fMinimizeConnections and configured it to 0 but this didn't helpI can see this in Event Viewer...
  6. Unable to access both wifi and hotspot

Unable to access both wifi and hotspot: The list of networks should be available to me before, but they completely disappeared from the list since a while ago. My other computer can access the network yet this one can't. Any ideas that can help me with this issue? I have tried network reset. Unable to get the...
  7. Using both Hotspot and WiFi

Using both Hotspot and WiFi: Hey guys altough i just created my account i have been using ten forums for the past 3 years i love this page. This is the first time in my life i cant find an answer to something and i think its because its impossible. So here it is, i am stuck in a hotel with bad wifi and...
  8. both Ethernet + Wifi Not working

both Ethernet + Wifi Not working: After a network reset what stuff should i do to get my internet connection back? because after i reset the network nothing seems to work, no wifi no ethernet, adapters in device managers seem to have a problem yellow triangle when i open them i get code 56 , try to update...
  9. Wifi Hotspot connectivity

Wifi Hotspot connectivity: I'm able to connect to the internet in my laptop from my phone hotspot using SIM1, but when trying to connect to internet using SIM2, its showing connected, but no internet. So how can i get access to the network using SIM2 in the laptop Wifi? is it an adapter issue?...
  10. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...