Windows 10: I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password

Discus and support I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michael P.Nicolai, Feb 23, 2020.

1. I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password

Split from this thread.​

I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password

:)

michael P.Nicolai, Feb 23, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Feb 23, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password

Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password - Similar Threads - need connect desktop

2. Wi-Fi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi password?: How can I find my Wi-Fi password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-password/092c31a3-3d3b-4192-afa6-8b68dbd3d598
  3. Wi-Fi password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi password?: How can I find my Wi-Fi password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-password/092c31a3-3d3b-4192-afa6-8b68dbd3d598
  4. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10: submitted by /u/Mc_King_95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytajg/wifi_not_connecting_in_windows_10/
  5. Windows 10 'Wi-FI' Connectivity!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 'Wi-FI' Connectivity!: The Question was "No WIFI networks are shown, I mean WIFI adapter shows no WIFI networks even though it is enabled". Even I had the same question and problem but after trying all methods found a solution!! Here's how: Step 1: Open Control Panel and go to Network and...
  6. How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection?

How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection?: Split from this thread. I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password ***Modified title from: I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password***...
  7. Wi- Fi connection on Windows 10

Wi- Fi connection on Windows 10: Hello and thanks to those who replied to my earlier post about getting wi-fi set up. I've now bought a Max Digi dongle and downloaded the driver from Realteck. My PC recognises these but still won't connect up. I suspect that the problem is Windows Defender since the shield...
  8. How to change Wi-Fi Router Name and Password

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Wi-Fi Router Name and Password: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Wi-Fi is undoubtedly a great way to keep connected to the internet where ever we go. Today we are all able to interface multiple devices to the internet via the same network without any wires. All thanks to the Wi-Fi [...] This post How to change Wi-Fi...
  9. wi fi passwords

wi fi passwords: How do I transfer wi fi passwords of known networks from my old computer to my new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-passwords/539649e8-bd64-44f7-8ed1-a021b2854590
  10. No Wi-Fi connection Window 10

No Wi-Fi connection Window 10: Hi, I have no Wi-Fi connection, and when I check IP Configuration it states...................... Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi : Media state......................................... : Media disconnected Connection Specific DNS Suffix : Wireless LAN adapter Local Area...