Windows 10: I need to create a whitelist for an app. How is that accomplished?

Discus and support I need to create a whitelist for an app. How is that accomplished? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using PhraseExpress to help speed up my typing. They give me an error that one or even all of my security programs is causing a problem. Keyloggers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DrewDawson, Feb 13, 2020.

1. I need to create a whitelist for an app. How is that accomplished?

Using PhraseExpress to help speed up my typing. They give me an error that one or even all of my security programs is causing a problem. Keyloggers and the like.

How can I create a whitelist isn't the same as Windows Firewall? which they say can help with malware and such.

Thanks for any ideas on this.

:)

DrewDawson, Feb 13, 2020

2. Windows Phone 8 - is there a phone/SMS whitelist app?

My (first) smartphone is the Nokia Lumia 520 with the Amber update, running WP8.

I am astounded to find that I can't establish a "whitelist" of numbers to accept calls from. There appears to be a Nokia app to establish a blacklist but that will be useless in stopping the random spam calls which are driving me crazy. I did put the phone
    number on the national "do not call" list but they keep coming.

SO - is there a WP8 app or any Nokia feature for whitelisting? I only want to get calls from 5 or 6 people, and block everything else.

If there isn't one - does anyone know why not? It seems like a no-brainer feature.

And... I once saw an MS Window Phone suggestion site, but can't find it now. Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks for any help

Vercingetorix2001, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mobile - app whitelisting blocks core OS functions

Many thanks for the reply. However, I'm afraid that won't help. The phone is being managed by the corporate environment and whitelisting is being applied. If I hard reset the phone, the whitelist will be removed and taken back to Windows 8.1 phone. However,
    when I go to Windows 10 mobile and reconnect it will be re-added.

We actually resolved most of the problem. In upgrading to Windows 10 mobile, many of the applications have been upgraded to universal apps. Finding these apps on the new app store means we can add them to the white list and they are allowed.

However, there remains one killer problem. The whitelist blocks access to the Settings function and all the functions beneath it (eg VPN etc). The settings function is not an app that appears on the App store, so we are unable to whitelist it, so it stays
    blocked. This effectively makes the phone unusable.

Any ideas how to fix this would be very gratefully received.

Eric_Baines, Feb 13, 2020
  4. I need to create a whitelist for an app. How is that accomplished?

Whitelist in windows phone 8.1

Is there any app to do a voice call filter/block based on an existing white list? I appreciate call&sms filter, but I need to set a whitelist and call&sms filter don't have such an option.

I'm from Romania and I can't use Cortana with Quiet Hours I need to create a whitelist for an app.  How is that accomplished? :(

Remus Vintan, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

I need to create a whitelist for an app. How is that accomplished?

1. I need to create a whitelist for an app. How is that accomplished? - Similar Threads - need create whitelist

2. Whitelist required apps and block rest all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whitelist required apps and block rest all: Is there any way to allow only few applications and block rest all applications from downloading or accessing?Is there a policy creation feasibility from intune to allow download of only approved applications and block rest all applications from downloading to users systems?...
  3. Whitelist required apps and block rest all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whitelist required apps and block rest all: Is there any way to allow only few applications and block rest all applications from downloading or accessing?Is there a policy creation feasibility from intune to allow download of only approved applications and block rest all applications from downloading to users systems?...
  4. Need to retrieve Learning Path accomplishments from old email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to retrieve Learning Path accomplishments from old email: Hey,I go let go from a company in January and I was on some Microsoft Learning Paths. Unfortunately, I did not link that profile to my personal email and I cannot log in to old work email to retrieve my accomplishments. I was hoping that someone could help me. My old email...
  5. Need to retrieve Learning Path accomplishments from old email

Need to retrieve Learning Path accomplishments from old email: Hey,I go let go from a company in January and I was on some Microsoft Learning Paths. Unfortunately, I did not link that profile to my personal email and I cannot log in to old work email to retrieve my accomplishments. I was hoping that someone could help me. My old email...
  6. Creating a website whitelist as an admin for other users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a website whitelist as an admin for other users: Hello. I need to block all internet access for a user account except for a whitelist of websites. How can I, as an admin, do this to ensure that my other user accounts only have access to the websites that I have added to the list?...
  7. lost accomplishments and data on Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost accomplishments and data on Sudoku: this is the third time at the end of a month I lost all my games for the entire month. This time I also lost everything since the game has been upgraded, I was somewhere between level 45 and 50 and now I am level 1. I love playing this game but am tired of getting to the...
  8. Need app to create new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need app to create new user: Hi, I'm on windows 10. I need to create a new user, but when I try to do it in Settings > Family & other users I get the message "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the Store?". If I click Yes, in Microsoft Store I get the message...
  9. OneDrive fails after using "local security policy" app to create whitelist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive fails after using "local security policy" app to create whitelist: I have recently upgraded to Win10 Pro. Thought I would try creating a whitelist environment using the Microsoft "local security policy" app. Pretty much succeeded except now OneDrive will not start. Says blocked by administrator me. Returning all to "unrestricted"...
  10. How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to smaller number?

How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to smaller number?: How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to its smaller index number, with any kind of tools ? That is to rename 1.c -> 0.c 2.c -> 1.c ... 7.c -> 6.c 8.c -> 7.c 9.c -> 8.c ... ... (in large numbers of files.) Thank so much in advance 99398