Windows 10: i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update

Discus and support i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a corrupt .minecraft file, however i did a flat update to my laptop on which the corrupt file lives. im currently attempting to delete it and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EnderKing101rs, Jul 20, 2019.

1. i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update

i have a corrupt .minecraft file, however i did a flat update to my laptop on which the corrupt file lives. im currently attempting to delete it and a backup id made before the update too. however when i attempt to delete em. i get Error 0X80070570. i need these file directories gone before i can reinstall minecraft. please help.

:)

EnderKing101rs, Jul 20, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 20, 2019
  4. i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update

1. i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update - Similar Threads - need delete corrupt

2. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I have windows 11 pro and would like to fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable/025747a6-8b9d-461b-b38b-ed17c9e27801
  3. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I have windows 11 pro and would like to fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable/025747a6-8b9d-461b-b38b-ed17c9e27801
  4. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.": I'm currently facing an issue with my external hard drive. There's a specific folder that I can't delete, and whenever I attempt to open it, an error message pops up saying "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.". I noticed this problem after my game crashed when...
  5. Cannot Delete Folder The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

Cannot Delete Folder The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I am trying to reinstall AutoCAD but this file is getting in my way, currently trying to do a clean uninstall but I keep getting this message when trying to delete this folder.I have tried changing the permissions of the folder to give full control to myself, changing the...
  6. The File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable.

The File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable.: I added a new SSD to my Laptop and cloned my windows OS to it. It worked fine until I updated my Windows 10 to the latest. Now I'm getting these errors. I also tried reinstalling some Apps but it didn't work. Kindly helpSome options in Settings [ATTACH] As soon as I open...
  7. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004, build 19041.172 on a desktop machine with utilizing a single SSD for the boot drive and Storage Spaces for all of my files. The storage spaces pool is using six physical drives for a total of 30 TB 27.2 actually setup with Parity to...
  8. The File or directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The File or directory is corrupted and unreadable: Hi I turned on my Dell G5 today and every program that I wanted to open, show this error << the file and directory is corrupted and unreadable >> Both my c and d drive have this problem. And interesting thing is that all of programs will run when I right click and...
  9. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I have 4 of these errors, NTFS failed to mount the volume. Error: {Corrupt File} The file or directory %hs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility. Volume GUID: {xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx} Volume Name: Guidance: The volume is recognized by...
  10. Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hi Have a folder with some subfolders that just wont delete. Can move and rename. Cannot cut and paste to another drive. I have tried the following which results in the same, just doesnt delete. Takeownership Grant me admin CMD Prompt running with admin del...