Windows 10: i need to delete a windows account

Discus and support i need to delete a windows account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i need to delete a windows account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rachel hodaya, Jan 17, 2020.

1. i need to delete a windows account

i need to delete a windows account

:)

rachel hodaya, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown i need to delete a windows account :(

Zakin, Jan 17, 2020
  4. i need to delete a windows account

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

i need to delete a windows account

1. i need to delete a windows account - Similar Threads - need delete account

2. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  3. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  4. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to delete my late fathers account: My Father passed away in November and would like to close his Microsoft account - I don't need access, just need it closed please. I have his Microsoft account Login name he used for Skype, but I don't have access to his old email account, so cant recover a security code. I...
  6. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to delete my late fathers account: My Father passed away in November and would like to close his Microsoft account - I don't need access, just need it closed please. I have his Microsoft account Login name he used for Skype, but I don't have access to his old email account, so cant recover a security code. I...
  7. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need to delete/remove an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to delete/remove an account: Disregard. Solved the issue. Sorry. I wanted to delete this. 181061
  9. I need to delete a user account

I need to delete a user account: how to delete a user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-a-user-account/c605bc4c-da89-4442-a5c3-d1217abfd189
  10. I need to recover a deleted user account..

I need to recover a deleted user account..: I recently had to pawn my laptop computer to be able to pay my rent, I picked it back up yesterday and noticed that since they assumed I was not going to pick it back up (I was late on the last payment by one day) they deleted my user account, now none of my program files...