Windows 10: I need to delete some font .ttf files.

Discus and support I need to delete some font .ttf files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded an old Magic: The Gathering game I wanted to play, then decided I didn't want to play it, however in the folder the game files came in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BowtieGaming, Jun 24, 2020.

1. I need to delete some font .ttf files.

I downloaded an old Magic: The Gathering game I wanted to play, then decided I didn't want to play it, however in the folder the game files came in there are 6 .ttf files that windows will not allow me to delete, insisting they are in use. They are not in use, they are not installed in the fonts folder, and I want them gone. I tried installing one, but it would not appear in the fonts folder, accessed through the control panel. This is nonsense, I should be able to delete them, they aren't even being used! Did anyone actually test these systems to make sure nonsense like this wouldn't happen?

:)

BowtieGaming, Jun 24, 2020

2. Notepad Fonts

The font file is TTF. Yep, exactly. Malgun is already installed but it does not appear in the list of fonts.

majoymeows, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10)

Hi, my name is Matt Stevenson and I recently attempted to change the font of my Sticky Notes on my Windows 10 PC.

Firstly, what I did was research how to do so and found that I could access the 'regedit' component via using the 'Run' Desktop application. I was told that deleting Segoe Print (TrueType) would allow me to use a different font, I deleted both the Segoe Print (TrueType) and the Bold version of the .ttf files under:

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts'

and restarted my PC. What happened when I rebooted the PC was a major disappointment as it didn't only NOT work for Sticky Notes as the font didn't change, but now when I hover over for example, the Google Chrome application on the task bar the 'X' in the top right hand corner is now a small square as the icons are missing. I also changed the Segoe MDL2 Assets .ttf which affected the Start symbol icons to small boxes, once changed back to the .ttf they appeared again. It was changed to 'Segoe-MDL2-Assests-MetroUI.ttf' which I think is what it should be, so this isn't affecting the 'X' icons any longer.

My question is, how do I resolve this? These icons are also missing when accessing a file on the Desktop or otherwise and the same small boxes show to replace the icons. The icon which is to the very right hand end of the 'Ask me anything' bar of the Search bar in the task bar is also missing and I wish to return them to their normal icons as soon as possible. All other icons are in place and haven't been affected.

I have attached a few screenshots of what I mean by this and the missing .ttf files which were situated with other Segoe .ttf files in the same directory as previously listed.

Thank you in advance for any replies or queries regarding my question.

Matt.

GrooveMaster, Jun 24, 2020
  4. I need to delete some font .ttf files.

Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

For some reason, I can no longer install TTF fonts on my windows 10 PC. Here is a folder filled with web/ttf fonts that I am trying to work with.

Every time I click on a TTF font, a small window appears onscreen, but only for a moment before it vanishes. I gather this would normally be the progress-bar window. For whatever reason it is just 'skipping'. The fonts never show up in my list.

I am aware of font installation problems that are related to the windows firewall. However, the firewall has always been on. I've also done a few reboots. No dice. I would appreciate any guidance. Also, let me know if I can provide further data.

Many thanks,
    Matt

mattwarren, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

I need to delete some font .ttf files.

1. I need to delete some font .ttf files. - Similar Threads - need delete font

2. Deletion of font in AppData file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of font in AppData file: I installed Helvetica Font on my computer to use in a project but now it affected the appearance of some websites that I frequently use. I've deleted it from my fonts folder but the websites didn't change back to its normal font. I searched for the font and found it under...
  3. I can't delete a font file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete a font file: I can't delete a font file .ttf because when I tried to delete it, it shows,Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-font-file/68d4eb44-b66e-4b1f-91a1-e0ac64b71105
  4. I can't delete a font file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a font file: I can't delete a font file .ttf because when I tried to delete it, it shows,Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-font-file/68d4eb44-b66e-4b1f-91a1-e0ac64b71105
  5. I can't delete a font file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I deleted some file

in Windows 10 Customization
    I deleted some file: A long time ago i deleted some file I dont know what one on windows 10 but now the computer wont boot it it just shows the dell screen and goes to the scan thing i can go to the boot menu is there a way to re download windows without knowing what file i deleted...
  7. TTF font not available in all applications

in Windows 10 Support
    TTF font not available in all applications: I have installed a truetype font (4077th). It is visible in the Windows font settings and it is available in WPS Office, but it is not available either to Affinity Photo or to Inkscape, even though I rebooted the system after installing it. Why is this, and how can I fix it?...
  8. Cascadia Code TTF font is here

in Windows 10 News
    Cascadia Code TTF font is here: Cascadia Code is finally here! You can install it directly from the GitHub repository’s releases page or automatically receive it in the next update of Windows Terminal. Wait, what’s Cascadia Code? Cascadia Code was announced this past May at Microsoft’s Build event. It is...
  9. Need CP437 Monospace ttf font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need CP437 Monospace ttf font: For a legacy program I am using, I need a monospace TrueType font with codepage 437 (or 850). I would like a sans serif font if possible. Does anyone know of such a font (or how one could rearrange another font to CP437)? 137495
  10. Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall): For some reason, I can no longer install TTF fonts on my windows 10 PC. Here is a folder filled with web/ttf fonts that I am trying to work with. Every time I click on a TTF font, a small window appears onscreen, but only for a moment before it vanishes. I gather this...