Windows 10: I need to disable palm check or smart sense or whatever you choose to call it.

Discus and support I need to disable palm check or smart sense or whatever you choose to call it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here is what most of the responses from MS look like: "Hello, For further assistance regarding your concern in turning off palmcheck/smartsense, we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarrickBacon, Feb 15, 2021.

1. I need to disable palm check or smart sense or whatever you choose to call it.

Here is what most of the responses from MS look like:

"Hello,

For further assistance regarding your concern in turning off palmcheck/smartsense, we suggest that you contact your device manufacturer.

Regards."

Here's the thing though, I'm using windows drivers, from manufacturer or not makes no difference. At one point during setup I was able to enable or disable palm sensing on my touchpad. Now there is no function anywhere that I have been able to find that will allow me to change the setting. This is 100% something that was present in earlier windows builds. You broke my computer. You broke a lot of our computers. I have spent entirely too much time researching this issue. I am A+ and dang talented at diagnostics. I have done the diagnostics. I have combed through endless forums and registry entries. I don't have time to fart around and prove to your satisfaction, because we already know that this is a microsoft issue. This is a core windows issue that has rendered windows compliant hardware non-functional, and failure to adequately respond to requests over a span of more than 3 years constitutes a breach of faith. I'm not asking. Fix it. Now.

:)

DarrickBacon, Feb 15, 2021

2. Synaptic Touch Pad Palm Check

Window 10 version of synaptic touch pad does not give the palm check option, instead smart sense option is available. However, moving the mouse around while holding down a key will prevent the cursor from moving. As a gamer this is detrimental to the way
    I work. Smart sense settings are all set to 0. Only when I uninstall synaptics driver the issue is fixed. This method brings another issue, you need the driver to enable 2 finger scrolling. This is an awful driver. I need this rectified.

kennyhefford, Feb 15, 2021
  3. How to disable palm rejection

You never told me to send you one if that's what you're suggesting. Here you go.
    I need to disable palm check or smart sense or whatever you choose to call it. [​IMG]

bluntc0ncussi0n, Feb 15, 2021
  4. I need to disable palm check or smart sense or whatever you choose to call it.

Disable smart card Surface LTE

Hi Jishua9,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

Please try the below suggested steps and let us know if it helps.

1. Right click on
      Start menu and select Run.
    2. Typegpedit.msc
      and press Enter.
    3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\SecurityOptions.
    4. LocateInteractive logon: Require smart card
      policy setting.
    5. Double click on the Policy and select
      Disabled option.
    6. Click onApply
      and OK to save changes.
    7. Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not,
      restart the system.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

I need to disable palm check or smart sense or whatever you choose to call it.

1. I need to disable palm check or smart sense or whatever you choose to call it. - Similar Threads - need disable palm

2. Can I call or whatever tomorrow???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I call or whatever tomorrow???: I think I was hacked. Does this # seem familiar? 844-919-1039 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-call-or-whatever-tomorrow/8c3bd124-65d4-4e21-b2f4-bb35c3340fac
  3. Can I call or whatever tomorrow???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I call or whatever tomorrow???: I think I was hacked. Does this # seem familiar? 844-919-1039 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-call-or-whatever-tomorrow/8c3bd124-65d4-4e21-b2f4-bb35c3340fac
  4. PalmCheck or smart sense trouble

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PalmCheck or smart sense trouble: I have a hp stream laptop that has a feature called “PalmCheck” where I’m unable to use the touch pad and keyboard at the same time. I’d like to to turn it off, any help would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Speedubbs [link] [comments]...
  5. Is there a way for me to disable palm check?

Is there a way for me to disable palm check?: I managed to successfully disable it before in the past, but I can't seem to locate and disable it now. I tried the registry, control panel, mouse properties, etc. with no luck. submitted by /u/SweetLadyLavender [link] [comments]...
  6. Need help removing Mcafee or whatever it's called

Need help removing Mcafee or whatever it's called: As the title suggests, i just need a way to remove the darn software off my computer. Whenever I open my computer, connect to the internet or just randomly, it'll start updating itself saying "it'll take roughly 20 minutes". Thing is that it doesn't download for shit! I idle...
  7. How do I disable smart sense?

How do I disable smart sense?: I’ve been searching for about an hour now and still don’t have a solution submitted by /u/MrMinestrone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f25km0/how_do_i_disable_smart_sense/
  8. How do I disable palm-check on my trackpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable palm-check on my trackpad?: I have an HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1xxx laptop. I need to use the keyboard and the mouse at the same time for some tasks, yet I cannot find a way to disable palm-check. I start typing and my trackpad stops working. How can I fix this?...
  9. How to disable palm rejection

How to disable palm rejection: I'm trying to disable palm sensitivity on this laptop. It's very annoying since it prevents me from using the touchpad for a short amount of time right after typing. I looked online and it says that apparently I have to look into device settings after clicking the "Mouse"...
  10. Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad

Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad: How do I do that, I am going nuts just trying to do quick adjustments on a doc and getting stopped by this stupid palm rejection that is nothing more than a time lock on the trackpad after typing. I have windows precision drivers, so it should be controlled somewhere in...