Windows 10: I need to downgrade but can't access settings

Discus and support I need to downgrade but can't access settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Win 10 on my laptop but it's completely broken. I boot up and sign in ok but then I just get a black screen with a cursor. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cerberus, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Cerberus Win User

I need to downgrade but can't access settings

I recently upgraded to Win 10 on my laptop but it's completely broken. I boot up and sign in ok but then I just get a black screen with a cursor. The only way I can access anything is through the task manager > run new task. I've tried everything but nothing works so I want to rollback to Win 7.

But the problem is that in order to do so I need to access settings which I'm unable to. I can click the link under user controls in control panel but nothing happens. I tried a fix (Settings doesnt launch, or launches the Store instead - Microsoft Community) but it didn't work. There doesn't seem to be any way of accessing it and hence no way of rolling back.

Is there another way?

:)

Cerberus, Sep 22, 2015
  2. mverma90 Win User

I need to downgrade to my win 8.1 but it is saying files are removed. Please help me in it.

if i reinstall win 8 will i get upgrade to win 8.1 again?

What about my files on c drive?

mverma90, Sep 22, 2015
  3. mverma90 Win User
    I need to downgrade to my win 8.1 but it is saying files are removed. Please help me in it.

I tried to downgrade to win 10 to win 8.1. I tried it from settings-> upgrade & recovery-> recovery option get back to win 8.1 but it is saying sorry files are removed.

Please help me in this issue .

Thanks in advance.

mverma90, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 22, 2015
  5. Cerberus Win User
    Thanks! I just had to press ctrl + alt + del then use the power button in the lower right corner to select 'restart' while holding down the shift key.

Cerberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I need to downgrade but can't access settings - Similar Threads - need downgrade can't

2. Can't access settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access settings: I am not able to access settings, files or anything. Please help. It shows error 26ee0668-a00a-44d7-9371-beb064c98683 It started after a windows update. I have Windows 10....
  3. Can't access settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access settings: I am not able to access settings, files or anything. Please help. It shows error 26ee0668-a00a-44d7-9371-beb064c98683 It started after a windows update. I have Windows 10....
  4. Can't access settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't access settings!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access settings!!: Every time I attempt to click the settings button, the screen comes up as if it is loading and then a second later it disappears and I am unable to access it! Any help is appreciated! I tried to look online but everything that I found has not worked yet!...
  6. Need to do a clean install but can't access settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to do a clean install but can't access settings: For some reason my windows 10 home pc crashed and won't let me access settings and crashes all over again, so I'm not able to do a clean install using the installation media on my usb via settings.. is there any other method of doing a clean install without accessing...
  7. Can't Access Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Settings: I click it and nothing happens, I've tried Windows Button + I and a few other things. I've run SFC, all with no luck. By the way this is a clean install of Windows 10, it was working this morning, hardly done anything to it yet! Any advice please....
  8. I can't access Settings and Search bar

I can't access Settings and Search bar: Hello Team, I am unable to access the "Settings" function as well as the "Search" tab. I also have a notification on the bottom right corner asking me to Activate my Windows which I obviously cannot do since I can't even access Settings. Kindly assist with this....
  9. Can't access settings

Can't access settings: I cannot access settings (it wont open each time i try) and setting like on the picture looks lock so i cant access them either[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-settings/b10a99f9-0a94-4378-ad64-c729510041ac
  10. I can't access SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't access SETTINGS: Well, well, well...... I'm back after a failed Refresh. lol. It started to Refresh, I went in the other room, and after returning I saw a screen with a " *Sad " smiley mentioning an error and prompting me to search for the error "Inaccessible boot device".... Then it...