Windows 10: I need to edit music folder template to include bitrate

Discus and support I need to edit music folder template to include bitrate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot go through hundreds of folders and subfolers to add bitrate. How do I edit the music folder template on Windows 10 to add bit rate along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sauerteig, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Sauerteig Win User

I need to edit music folder template to include bitrate

I cannot go through hundreds of folders and subfolers to add bitrate. How do I edit the music folder template on Windows 10 to add bit rate along with artist, album etc.

This has been the biggest pain in the balls.

:)

Sauerteig, Oct 20, 2018
  2. RickHan Win User

How to change the Music folder template

I want to add the bitrate field to the default music folder template.

I'm tired of adding it manually each time. And then having to do it all over again if the computer changes. Many hundreds of folders involved each time.

Can't seem to do it in Win10.

RickHan, Oct 20, 2018
  3. rickhantz Win User
    How to change the default Music template

It was easy to do in previous versions of Windows, but not obvious in Win 10.
    I just want to add the bitrate column to the template. So all current and any new Music folders are correct automatically.
    I don't want to do it manually--painful for many hundreds of folders, and reset doesn't preserve settings.

I have music on many different drives, and often plug in thumb drives or other portable drives.

rickhantz, Oct 20, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. I need to edit music folder template to include bitrate - Similar Threads - need edit music

2. Music editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music editing: Hi all when I edit my songs in MP3tag Groove music keeps popping up. Is there anyway I can prevent this, I have had it on other machines before. I have tried stopping at start up but I get asked How do I want to run this I have a feeling factory reset will not help any help...
  3. Music editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music editing: Hi all when I edit my songs in MP3tag Groove music keeps popping up. Is there anyway I can prevent this, I have had it on other machines before. I have tried stopping at start up but I get asked How do I want to run this I have a feeling factory reset will not help any help...
  4. Music editing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change the Music folder template

How to change the Music folder template: All the solutions on here work to an extent. They do not work if you want "Size all columns to fit" every time you open a Music folder. Can this be made to work on all Music Folders? It is really annoying having to select that option on every Music folder. Pete...
  6. How do you edit one of the five folder templates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you edit one of the five folder templates?: That the Pictures folder template uses a Tags column in Explorer, ever unused by my files, brought this question to my attention. submitted by /u/Antimutt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8zhzf/how_do_you_edit_one_of_the_five_folder_templates/
  7. built-in folder templates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  8. Auto edit of the # column in a music folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto edit of the # column in a music folder: I DJ and want to copy music files to a USB device to play in a CDJ USB player. CDJs automatically assume the value in the # column to order the files on the USB device. As there are several hundreds of files on the device it's helpful to know the order so you know how far to...
  9. Music streaming bitrate fixed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Music streaming bitrate fixed: My Chord DAC can set its resolution to the incoming bitrate (which varies from 44.1kHz to 192 kHz or higher) from services such as Tidal, but Windows 10 sound function only allows one fixed bitrate to be selected from the dropdown menu in Sound/Playback/Digital Output...
  10. How to change the default Music template

How to change the default Music template: It was easy to do in previous versions of Windows, but not obvious in Win 10. I just want to add the bitrate column to the template. So all current and any new Music folders are correct automatically. I don't want to do it manually--painful for many hundreds of folders, and...