Windows 10: I need to edit music folder template to include bitrate

Discus and support I need to edit music folder template to include bitrate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot go through hundreds of folders and subfolers to add bitrate. How do I edit the music folder template on Windows 10 to add bit rate along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sauerteig, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Sauerteig Win User

I need to edit music folder template to include bitrate

I cannot go through hundreds of folders and subfolers to add bitrate. How do I edit the music folder template on Windows 10 to add bit rate along with artist, album etc.

This has been the biggest pain in the balls.

:)

Sauerteig, Oct 20, 2018
  2. RickHan Win User

How to change the Music folder template

I want to add the bitrate field to the default music folder template.

I'm tired of adding it manually each time. And then having to do it all over again if the computer changes. Many hundreds of folders involved each time.

Can't seem to do it in Win10.

RickHan, Oct 20, 2018
  3. rickhantz Win User
    How to change the default Music template

It was easy to do in previous versions of Windows, but not obvious in Win 10.
    I just want to add the bitrate column to the template. So all current and any new Music folders are correct automatically.
    I don't want to do it manually--painful for many hundreds of folders, and reset doesn't preserve settings.

I have music on many different drives, and often plug in thumb drives or other portable drives.

rickhantz, Oct 20, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. I need to edit music folder template to include bitrate - Similar Threads - need edit music

2. How to change the default Music template

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the default Music template: It was easy to do in previous versions of Windows, but not obvious in Win 10. I just want to add the bitrate column to the template. So all current and any new Music folders are correct automatically. I don't want to do it manually--painful for many hundreds of folders, and...
  3. I need help with music tagging in W10

I need help with music tagging in W10: Hi, So I have recently upgraded to 10 (from 7) and I noticed that the properties - details tab is different for music files in 10. They changed (for example): W7 Artists = W10 Contributing Artists W7 Year = W10 Date released Those for example are fine because they...
  4. File Explorer > Folder Type Template?

File Explorer > Folder Type Template?: For the most part, I do not mind Explorer's autodetecting the folder type (Music, Videos, etc). However, one thing that I miss from Windows 7 is being able to set the "style" for a folder type... where I could choose to display certain columns and have Explorer display those...
  5. Free Music Editing Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Music Editing Software: I'm looking for software that can edit music files i.e. fade in/out, snipping, etc. Any suggestions? Cheers! 1407
  6. Music folder messed up, needs admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music folder messed up, needs admin rights: Hey, so I upgraded to Windows 10 and heard Groove Music plays FLAC, so I though OK cool! The old media player was hideous, but this sounds good! I was wrong... doesn't see my embedded artwork or half of the music names and info... now since I started using it, EVERYTHING in...
  7. Do I need to use a 'Backup Plan Template' in Macrium?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do I need to use a 'Backup Plan Template' in Macrium?: I have been kindly advised by people on this forum that its best to use Macrium to create an 'image' of your SSD only, and to manually backup your HD storage (that has photos, documents, music etc). Every Sunday (usually evenings), I connect my 2TB external HD, open...
  8. Folder Template Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Template Problem.: My default folder template in program files and program files(x86) suddenly change to Pictures type template. I don't want to change it manually 1 by 1. And whenever I install a program, the newly created folder template is always Pictures type folder, not the usual...
  9. Change Folder Template in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder Template in Windows 10: No more bat files to set the default for all folders? Does this not work in 10? 7923
  10. How do i edit my music files

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i edit my music files: How do I edit the Media information (Contributing artist, track member, genre etc.) on a music file/track. This option was available at the bottom of the page in Windows 7. 51271