Windows 10: I need to enable back Modern Standby

Discus and support I need to enable back Modern Standby in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 and if I disable Modern Standby, my laptop don't turn on after sleep state ! Yes, I can see all the power plan on Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pedrooo, Dec 1, 2019.

1. pedrooo Win User

I need to enable back Modern Standby

I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 and if I disable Modern Standby, my laptop don't turn on after sleep state !

Yes, I can see all the power plan on Power Options->Create a power plan, but I need to enable back Modern Standby in order to be able to use my laptop from sleep state when the lid was closed or device not touched for a few minutes !

:)

pedrooo, Dec 1, 2019
  2. t0yz Win User

Can't enable Modern Standby

You need an exclusively UEFI PC (without Legacy support) for Modern/Connected, at least it's what I've heard. I guess if that Z390 doesn't have it, I am not really expecting any consumer desktops to implement it, I assume it would require manufacturers to kinda rewrite their BIOS. It is also indirectly suggested on Anandtech that the feature depends on the onboard WiFi:

Personally I love my Ethernet cables and 1Gbit speeds, and WiFi would be the last thing I'd do to my PC, but I would like to test this feature when I buy a new PC, since Z370 is clearly out of question. Considering that Z390 basically has onboard WiFi and Z370 doesn't , it further solidifies this as a potential WiFi only feature. Maybe it's possible for the PC to switch to WiFi for Connected Standby and then back to wire after it wakes up? That would be nice.

Edit: there's also this:
    "Modern Standby is only available on some SoC systems. When it's supported, the system does not support S1-S3."

Yeah... S3 is the "normal" standby. So if your firmware manufacturer supports that, it's bye-bye Modern? Ouch.

t0yz, Dec 1, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Totally different box and MB, get same/similar. Don't think I've ever been able to get S0.

(I have hiberfile.sys disabled)

I need to enable back Modern Standby [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

No luck after a clean install with Modern Standby enabled in BIOS from the settings above. *Sad

I need to enable back Modern Standby [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. I need to enable back Modern Standby - Similar Threads - need enable Modern

2. how do i enable modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable modern standby: Dear Microsoft Support,I am writing to inquire about enabling Modern Standby on my Windows device. I understand that Modern Standby offers benefits like faster wake times and background connectivity, but I am unsure how to activate it on my system.I have searched online for...
  3. how do i enable modern standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable modern standby: Dear Microsoft Support,I am writing to inquire about enabling Modern Standby on my Windows device. I understand that Modern Standby offers benefits like faster wake times and background connectivity, but I am unsure how to activate it on my system.I have searched online for...
  4. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby: i bought the X1 Carbon Gen9. when i download something via firefox and it takes e.g. 5 hours slow download server, due to modern standby or normal standby, the download some when stops. i read this page: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standbyhowever, i...
  5. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby: i bought the X1 Carbon Gen9. when i download something via firefox and it takes e.g. 5 hours slow download server, due to modern standby or normal standby, the download some when stops. i read this page: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standbyhowever, i...
  6. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

7. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  8. windows 11 modern standby

windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  9. Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With every newer generation of computers, these devices are getting mobile and faster. Chips are becoming smarter to serve faster wake up from standby, faster charging, more power efficiency and more. The newest generation of these chips supports the S0 [...]...
  10. Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?: Corsair launched Corsair RM850 that claims to be modern standby compatible . So modern standby needs this kind of PSU to work? What about other PSUs ? I didnt find other PSU that claims to be modern standby compatible, so I am not understanding what is going on......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. z590-f modern standby mode