Windows 10: I need to enable back Modern Standby

Discus and support I need to enable back Modern Standby in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 and if I disable Modern Standby, my laptop don't turn on after sleep state ! Yes, I can see all the power plan on Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pedrooo, Dec 1, 2019.

1. pedrooo Win User

I need to enable back Modern Standby

I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 and if I disable Modern Standby, my laptop don't turn on after sleep state !

Yes, I can see all the power plan on Power Options->Create a power plan, but I need to enable back Modern Standby in order to be able to use my laptop from sleep state when the lid was closed or device not touched for a few minutes !

:)

pedrooo, Dec 1, 2019
  2. t0yz Win User

Can't enable Modern Standby

You need an exclusively UEFI PC (without Legacy support) for Modern/Connected, at least it's what I've heard. I guess if that Z390 doesn't have it, I am not really expecting any consumer desktops to implement it, I assume it would require manufacturers to kinda rewrite their BIOS. It is also indirectly suggested on Anandtech that the feature depends on the onboard WiFi:

Personally I love my Ethernet cables and 1Gbit speeds, and WiFi would be the last thing I'd do to my PC, but I would like to test this feature when I buy a new PC, since Z370 is clearly out of question. Considering that Z390 basically has onboard WiFi and Z370 doesn't , it further solidifies this as a potential WiFi only feature. Maybe it's possible for the PC to switch to WiFi for Connected Standby and then back to wire after it wakes up? That would be nice.

Edit: there's also this:
    "Modern Standby is only available on some SoC systems. When it's supported, the system does not support S1-S3."

Yeah... S3 is the "normal" standby. So if your firmware manufacturer supports that, it's bye-bye Modern? Ouch.

t0yz, Dec 1, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Totally different box and MB, get same/similar. Don't think I've ever been able to get S0.

(I have hiberfile.sys disabled)

I need to enable back Modern Standby [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

No luck after a clean install with Modern Standby enabled in BIOS from the settings above. *Sad

I need to enable back Modern Standby [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. I need to enable back Modern Standby - Similar Threads - need enable Modern

2. I need to get rid off standby RAM.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to get rid off standby RAM.: Ive figured out that my RAM is sundenly full of standby mremory what isnt used by any programs, and it wasnt there the last time I turnd on the computer. Culd you please help me? submitted by /u/Cuketak [link] [comments]...
  3. Modern Standby - slow wifi after wake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modern Standby - slow wifi after wake: I have fast internet speeds over wifi when I connect to the network (approx. 600Mbps). If my machine goes to sleep (modern standby enabled) and I wake it up after a while, speed drops from the original speed to a pretty constant 20Mbps. If I disconnect from wifi and...
  4. I need help, MDM is enabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help, MDM is enabled: For no reason at all, Mobile Device Management was enabled, witch means my "organization" can update my pc without my consent. I am not part of any organization. I have Windows 10 Pro, bought it from ebay. Help, Thanks ***moved on english forum***...
  5. Enable Back Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Back Taskbar: Hey everyone I disabled pin items to taskbar via registry (among with many many more tweaks) and unfortunately cannot restore ability to add or drag n drop items to taskbar anymore, I tried to revert some changes by getting some reg files here but couldn't find the right one...
  6. Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?: Corsair launched Corsair RM850 that claims to be modern standby compatible . So modern standby needs this kind of PSU to work? What about other PSUs ? I didnt find other PSU that claims to be modern standby compatible, so I am not understanding what is going on......
  7. Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

Disable mouse wake up in modern standby: Hi, I have new laptop Dell which support modern standby. There is one thing, I can't disable mouse to prevent waking up from modern standby. My mouse does not have power switch, so every time when I put my laptop to backpack it wakes up, because of mouse. I have tried...
  8. I Need My Files Back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Need My Files Back.: Okay so, my laptop had crashed a few days ago and it turned out that my hard drive crashed. I do music, so all of my project files, all of my songs, everything is gone. However, on my prowl to regain some things from the wreckage I thought, "Hey, well maybe it's on the...
  9. Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby)

Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby): So, I've spent the last week scouring the web for this and failed! I am trying to wake a Dell XPS laptop overnight to run maintenance tasks, including backup to local network server, and so far it has proven impossible. While in the "Resiliency Phase"...
  10. No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device

No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device: I can't find any information about this, but did MS, for whatever reason, remove the toggle option on the WiFi settings to turn off WiFi during modern standby? The option isn't available anymore for my laptop. I am speaking about this option: https://i.imgur.com/jD6odQx.png...