Windows 10: I need to establish my wife's account on another computer

Discus and support I need to establish my wife's account on another computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Edition.My wife has an account on a laptop. I want to add her to a different laptop. She used to have an account on this second laptop,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DanFlak, Apr 30, 2021.

1. DanFlak Win User

I need to establish my wife's account on another computer

Windows 10 Home Edition.My wife has an account on a laptop. I want to add her to a different laptop. She used to have an account on this second laptop, but I could not log in so I deleted the account.Now I want to add it back. I tried doing that and the account was created again but I have no idea what the password is. I don't have the option to change the password for her account.I don't seem to be able to create a local account with just her first name this would be acceptable because add a user insists that I use a phone number or email address. When I use the email address, the old passw

:)

DanFlak, Apr 30, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Windows mail app opens for me but not my wife on the same computer?

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As Mail and Calendar app are not accessible for your wife account, I suggest you to log-in with the wife account and try the below steps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows
      key, type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

If the issue still persist then try the below,

Method 2:

You may uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows
      key, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.

• get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app from the Windows store.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2021
  4. RonDaves Win User

want Wife’s account to show up at Windows Log in

I just set up an HP computer for my wife. When the computer boots, it shows my account and asks for my pin. I added my wife as a family member, but that didn’t change the login screen. The old laptop is working properly showing wife’s account for login
    and I am an administrator. On the new machine, I show up on login and am an administrator also.

what are the steps to have wife’s account as primary on this new laptop?

RonDaves, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

1. I need to establish my wife's account on another computer - Similar Threads - need establish wife's

2. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  3. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  4. Remove wife's account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove wife's account.: So my wife has her own PC now. I'm trying to free up space on my PC. If I remove her from my PC through the family settings, will that cause problems for her account on her PC?...
  5. need to change my family members account from child to wife

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    need to change my family members account from child to wife: i just need help changhingmy wife from child on my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-my-family-members-account-from/5f7e5530-41fc-48f8-b21a-2cedacf93794
  6. My wife is on my account

My wife is on my account: Microsoft want allow my wife to use Office 365 on our computer. It seems to have as needing an account in her name???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-is-on-my-account/e5b78438-b155-4545-80b6-347833b83c4e"
  7. Open an account for my wife

Open an account for my wife: I have tried to find a way to open an extra account for my wife but all links just open my existing account and the only link on there is to add any existing accounts I might have...
  8. Add my wife to use this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add my wife to use this computer.: I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and grant her access to this computer?...
  9. Inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on the my wife's computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on the my wife's computer: I purchased a laptop for my wife and inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on it now both my computer and her's have my account. How do I activate her account on her computer without missing up my system? Thank you in advance....
  10. This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.: When I setup a screensaver slideshow on my Win 10 computer it also sets itself up on my wife's Win 10 machine. How do I stop this? Is this something to do with a network setting that I don't want or need? Thanks 39486