Windows 10: I need to fix my Windows installation...ASAP

Discus and support I need to fix my Windows installation...ASAP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey I am in a serious pickle right now with my Dell Inspiron laptop that I need fixed. So it was running a disk check or something and I didn't realize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LMMILE, Feb 9, 2021.

1. LMMILE Win User

I need to fix my Windows installation...ASAP

Hey I am in a serious pickle right now with my Dell Inspiron laptop that I need fixed. So it was running a disk check or something and I didn't realize it was unplugged the whole time. Being that it is an older laptop, the battery life is very short about 45 minutes on a good day. So the thing died as the disk check was starting and when I went to turn it back on, it launched startup repair before dying again. Now every time I turn it on, it says "checking media" before failing twice and giving up. The hard drive is good as I plugged it into my tower and it recognized it. I have a USB recovery drive that I created and used it to try and troubleshoot the problem. Diskpart recognizes the hard drive, but the main and recovery partitions are labeled as "Unknown". I tried every other troubleshooting option on that drive only to get the message that the Windows partition is locked. I know that the simple fix is to reformat the drive and start fresh with a new Windows installation, but it is not that easy. On this drive, I have old documents, contracts, sample libraries, masters, financial records, and my entire DJ business. I cannot afford to lose any of that valuable information. Does anyone know a way that I could restore at least my Windows partition to working order WITHOUT losing any of my data? If that is not possible, can I still retrieve literally everything from that hard drive?

:)

LMMILE, Feb 9, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Feb 9, 2021
  4. I need to fix my Windows installation...ASAP

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

I need to fix my Windows installation...ASAP

1. I need to fix my Windows installation...ASAP - Similar Threads - need fix installation

2. Settings not appearing, I need a fix ASAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings not appearing, I need a fix ASAP: When I open the settings, all I get is an error 'Class not Registered' error for explorer.exe, I also cannot do anything at all, when I right click on my browser I do not get any settings, it's as if it's gone, not only that, when I press the icon where the internet and sound...
  3. Settings not appearing, I need a fix ASAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings not appearing, I need a fix ASAP: When I open the settings, all I get is an error 'Class not Registered' error for explorer.exe, I also cannot do anything at all, when I right click on my browser I do not get any settings, it's as if it's gone, not only that, when I press the icon where the internet and sound...
  4. I need help asap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help asap: I deleted something from registry editor which is connected to the trojan virus that came from the cracked app that ive download, since then it started to act like crazy everytime i restart it i need to end task the windows explorer so i can go to my previous windows. Can...
  5. I need help asap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help asap: I deleted something from registry editor which is connected to the trojan virus that came from the cracked app that ive download, since then it started to act like crazy everytime i restart it i need to end task the windows explorer so i can go to my previous windows. Can...
  6. fix asap

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    fix asap: Kindly fix MS store now. It keeps saying something happened on your end. I need this and I need to install app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-asap/40b1c30c-a48a-4cc2-9685-b55407bfa9a6
  7. fix asap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix asap: Kindly fix MS store now. It keeps saying something happened on your end. I need this and I need to install app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-asap/40b1c30c-a48a-4cc2-9685-b55407bfa9a6
  8. I need help ASAP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help ASAP: My pc just experienced a error saying “ Critical Process Died” and now my pc won’t boot, I can’t start it in safe mode, I don’t remember my administrator password submitted by /u/that_one_mexican810 [link] [comments]...
  9. I need help asap

I need help asap: My microsoft store has a little ! In the corner and wont open how do i fix this submitted by /u/syl12nl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhbqcs/i_need_help_asap/
  10. I need help ASAP

I need help ASAP: Hi there stranger, Recently, my laptop has been running extremely slowly. To be honest I don’t know where to pist this and I’ve tried everything that the threads on the official lenovo website have given me which result in a temporary fix. This is my problem, I boot up my...