Windows 10: I need to "forget" a wired connection in Windows 10

Discus and support I need to "forget" a wired connection in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having problems with my internet for weeks. Wireless is mostly ok although when I first turn my computer on or if I change anything fiddling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sarah_099, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Sarah_099 Win User

I need to "forget" a wired connection in Windows 10

I've been having problems with my internet for weeks. Wireless is mostly ok although when I first turn my computer on or if I change anything fiddling around trying to resolve my internet issues it can drop out for a bit.

The problem seems to be that I did a factory reset on my router. I'd previously changed the network name when I moved to a new provider to keep my previous network name. When I did the reset, the wireless network name got updated to the default one with my current provider but the ethernet network it's trying to connect to is still the one I'd manually changed it to.

I think I need an option to "forget" the wired connection (you can easily "forget" a wireless connection but I can find a way to do it with the ethernet conntection.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated as I've already spent hours and hours trying to sort it out!

:)

Sarah_099, Jun 27, 2019

2. i accidentally clicked on "forget this connection". How to recover it on windows 10

Hi Liau,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    recovering to wireless network on Windows 10.

This issue might occur if saved wireless network is removed the network list.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "forget this connection", are you referring that you have clicked on forget this connection option for the save wireless network? Have you tried to save the network again?

If you are trying to automatically connect to wireless network connection or save a network, then I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on network icon in the Taskbar.

2. Then click on the wireless network which you want to connect.

3. Check mark on Connect automatically and then click on
    Connect
    button.

Please get back to us with an update on recovering network
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Jun 27, 2019
  4. ianLiau Win User

i accidentally clicked on "forget this connection". How to recover it on windows 10

Hello and Thanks for the kind attention on this

I had meant that:

I had erased a previous connection by clicking on "Forget This Connection" and now wishes to recover it.

Is there anyway I can recover it because I had previously set it on "sharing" and deleted without having to close the Sharing.

Please help

With Thanks

ianLiau, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I need to "forget" a wired connection in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - need forget wired

2. No sound on wired connection for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on wired connection for windows 10: Hi!Speakers are not working when I'm connected wired to the computer. Tried both USB and jack ports. Speaker shows as detected but no sound. Did some troubleshooting like setting it as default speaker, reinstall drivers and troubleshooting option on windows. It works fine on...
  3. No sound on wired connection for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on wired connection for windows 10: Hi!Speakers are not working when I'm connected wired to the computer. Tried both USB and jack ports. Speaker shows as detected but no sound. Did some troubleshooting like setting it as default speaker, reinstall drivers and troubleshooting option on windows. It works fine on...
  4. No sound on wired connection for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...
  6. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...
  7. I can't connect a wired controller to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect a wired controller to windows 10: So I bought a wired Xbox One controller to play Minecraft on windows 10 because I can't play with the keyboard, but whenever I try to connect it to my PC it won't connect. It doesn't even power up and it's not an issue of age because it's a brand-new controller. My friend did...
  8. wired to wireless connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wired to wireless connect: currently I have two ISPs. one that I've connected to "internet" via ethernet wire. I have a second ISP that I can connect to wirelessly. How do I change from the current wired connection to the wireless connection, Win 10 64....
  9. wired connection windows 10

wired connection windows 10: i am trying to setup a wired connection on my laptop using windows 10 i connected my laptop to my wirless router using an eathernet cable its not setup how do i do...
  10. Losing wired connection

Losing wired connection: This has happened multiple times on my desktop which was upgraded to Win 10 so it is a real problem. The desktop is on a wired connection. At some point I will see that I have lost the internet connection. When this happens it doesn't automatically connect to wireless, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to forget old hidden ethernet connection in windows 10