Windows 10: I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key

Discus and support I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a Windows Laptop and returned it. I bought the upgrade to Pro in the Windows store. There is no refund option and I tried calling the toll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MariePond, Nov 24, 2021.

1. MariePond Win User

I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key

I bought a Windows Laptop and returned it. I bought the upgrade to Pro in the Windows store. There is no refund option and I tried calling the toll free number for help and keep getting hung up on. It's only been 1 week and I returned the laptop to the store after a reset. How do I get the registry key and try to update my other laptop I have? I paid the money, I should be able to use the product.

:)

MariePond, Nov 24, 2021

2. Regarding Transfer of Upgrade Product Key

Backstory:

1. I purchased a laptop that came with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home
    2. I purchased a retail Windows 10 Pro product key and upgraded the laptop.
    Question:

1. I have purchased a new laptop with an OEM version of Windows 10 home installed
    2. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Pro retail product key to the new laptop so I can upgrade the new laptop.
    3. Also, I would like to restore the OEM version of Windows 10 back onto the old laptop.
    4. Is there a way to do this.

southwestcoyote, Nov 24, 2021
  3. DavidY Win User
    Is the free upgarde transferable? I think not.

Hi Kari,
    Can you confirm that the computer at step 5 (I numbered your list *Wink ) had never had an activated Insider build (especially not 10240)?

I'm wondering if it was possible that the second machine activated because the activation servers recognised the hardware from an earlier activation, and not because of the method you used to transfer?

DavidY, Nov 24, 2021
  4. I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key

Andre Da Costa, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key

1. I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key - Similar Threads - need refund transfer

2. I need to get a refund

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to get a refund: I purchased an upgrade for a new computer I purchased today pro enterprise from 11 home. The computer stop working less than 2 hours. I plan to return tomorrow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-a-refund/446f4b08-4e1a-4396-8aff-9bb3ad73dd10
  3. I need to get a refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need to get a refund: I purchased an upgrade for a new computer I purchased today pro enterprise from 11 home. The computer stop working less than 2 hours. I plan to return tomorrow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-a-refund/446f4b08-4e1a-4396-8aff-9bb3ad73dd10
  4. I need to get a refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I need a refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a refund: So I got charged for a name change and didn't get it can I get a refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-refund/a5b01bd5-e487-44b1-b339-340d49a13b5e
  6. I need a refund!

I need a refund!: I am going to have to dispute this charge with my bank because NO ONE is willing to deal with this problem. I bought a game on the Google Playstore from Candy Crush and Google has pinged-ponged my request back and forth. They failed to respond to the initial request which was...
  7. I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key

I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key: I bought a Windows Laptop and returned it. I bought the upgrade to Pro in the Windows store. There is no refund option and I tried calling the toll free number for help and keep getting hung up on. It's only been 1 week and I returned the laptop to the store after a reset....
  8. I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to get a refund or transfer my Upgrade Key: I bought a Windows Laptop and returned it. I bought the upgrade to Pro in the Windows store. There is no refund option and I tried calling the toll free number for help and keep getting hung up on. It's only been 1 week and I returned the laptop to the store after a reset....
  9. Can I get a refund or transfer Windows 10 Pro upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get a refund or transfer Windows 10 Pro upgrade?: I just purchased a new PC and immediately upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. I then discovered a problem with this new PC that will require me to return it. Can I get a refund for or transfer the Windows 10 Pro license I purchased to a new PC?...
  10. Need help getting refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need help getting refund: I purchased this game -Forza Horizon 4 on 3rd April 2020. But I am unable to download the large game. I apologise for not checking up the size beforehand. The internet connection is very bad around these parts and I have no way to get it done. It is looking impossible for me...