Windows 10: I need to get into Word file that was written 6 months ago and prompt said it had expired....

Discus and support I need to get into Word file that was written 6 months ago and prompt said it had expired.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to get into Word file that I wrote 6 months ago. Prompt noted that it had expired. Why is Microsoft doing this? How can I reactive this file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by helensumner1, Jun 21, 2021.

1. I need to get into Word file that was written 6 months ago and prompt said it had expired....

I need to get into Word file that I wrote 6 months ago. Prompt noted that it had expired. Why is Microsoft doing this? How can I reactive this file that I need badly?

:)

helensumner1, Jun 21, 2021
  2. emmykiss Win User

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

I am working in Windows 10 home version 1909.
    Can not afford an upgrade.
    My Office files are old, dont know what version.
    Cant remember how I updated this laptop to Windows 10 months ago.
    PROBLEM:
    I can not open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
    I looked for my Windows old file as suggested, and it IS gone.
    Haveing a small breakdown, will step away and return in a few...ANY DIRECTIONS AND ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE THEM IN STEP BY STEP FORMAT. Thankyooouuuuuuuu!

emmykiss, Jun 21, 2021
  3. I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Jun 21, 2021
  4. I need to get into Word file that was written 6 months ago and prompt said it had expired....

Back up in Windows 10 dated a month ago

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

As the initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to stop and start the File History service
    and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+R key and type services.msc.
    • Look for File History Service and select it.
    • In the left pane, select Restart the service.
    Hope this helps. Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

I need to get into Word file that was written 6 months ago and prompt said it had expired....

1. I need to get into Word file that was written 6 months ago and prompt said it had expired.... - Similar Threads - need Word file

2. [55 GB TEMP File] I had formatted my laptop just a couple months ago and today I found this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [55 GB TEMP File] I had formatted my laptop just a couple months ago and today I found this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iTechsTR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isrebx/55_gb_temp_file_i_had_formatted_my_laptop_just_a/
  3. security issues need help 6 mths ago

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security issues need help 6 mths ago: To make a long story short I've had a hacker since June of 2019. I thought in April I was finally hacker free, but the past week and a half has made me doubt that and last night and tonight has sealed it in, the hacker is still here and active. With that said I'm having a...
  4. I can not get my Gmail, last one is one month ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not get my Gmail, last one is one month ago.: I can not get my email, last one is one month ago. * Original title: email.from gmail * Moved from IE8/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-get-my-gmail-last-one-is-one-month-ago/f3b3842e-c917-4b53-8695-9437e3ad6e00
  5. Windows typing things that I said a while ago?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows typing things that I said a while ago?: I’ve been dealing with this problem for roughly 6 months now, and its one which annoys me to all hell. In the midst of games, I start typing random things uncontrollably, and the things I type are repetitive. It acts with the scroll as well, however it never messes with...
  6. How do I recover Notebooks in OneNote? I had 6 months worth of notebooks that suddenly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I recover Notebooks in OneNote? I had 6 months worth of notebooks that suddenly...: submitted by /u/mangotangotang [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejxiv6/how_do_i_recover_notebooks_in_onenote_i_had_6/
  7. I have had my laptop for 2 months and last month out of the blue it said "my organization"...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have had my laptop for 2 months and last month out of the blue it said "my organization"...: I don't know what to do! I just bought this laptop a month ago its for gaming and school. I'm the only profile on the computer. I have tried going to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft/Ngc to change that file but it won't let me in so I don't know...
  8. How do I fix the corruptions that Command Prompt said I had but could not fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix the corruptions that Command Prompt said I had but could not fix?: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello, I did a scan as show in Command Prompt and it directed me to go to the link for the corrupt files that could not be fixed. All the CBS.txt does is list the corrupts, it does not tell me how to fix the corruptions. How do I fix the corruptions Command...
  9. Microsoft Word Expiration

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Word Expiration: Hello, I just wanted to figure out when my Word account expires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-expiration/8508fad5-fb57-41c3-9472-efe80da657d3"
  10. My Onedrive said there are 1862 changes pending since 2 months ago...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Onedrive said there are 1862 changes pending since 2 months ago...: I had an SD card which I stored some 5000+ media files from my old phones. I had a new phone and I inserted the SD card. OneDrive decided that it was going to back everything up and soon ran itself out of space. I decided to wait until I have time to clean OneDrive up. There...