Windows 10: I need to get more space on computer,but when I think I make room, more prrograms keep...

Discus and support I need to get more space on computer,but when I think I make room, more prrograms keep... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; help, When I opened this computer up, it was already loaded with programs, and there isn't space to add something I want to use, below it asks for apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JudyMeyer2, Apr 14, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

1. I need to get more space on computer,but when I think I make room, more prrograms keep...

help, When I opened this computer up, it was already loaded with programs, and there isn't space to add something I want to use, below it asks for apps etc- its not just one kind

:)

2. Removing the "rooms" feature

The alternative way to get to the content, is to use the apps already on your phone:

• Photos – You'll find your photos and videos in the OneDrive app in a folder with same name as the room.
    • Calendar – Go to the Calendar app to see your room calendar.
    • Notes – Your room notes are in the OneNote app, in a notebook with the same name as the room.
    In the post above, Julie suggests an alternative to the group chat via the Skype app.

Hope that helps,

Greg

3. Brian__DK Win User
    Removing the "rooms" feature

That really doesn't solve the sharing of photos, calendar and notes?

Chat via Skype is not that good, Skype is quite heavy also on the power.

The sharing via calendar.live.com, might solve most of the challenges on that part.

4. Cuzzin Win User

I need to get more space on computer,but when I think I make room, more prrograms keep...

Unable to delete maps due to lack of space?!?!?!?

So I decided to delete my downloaded maps to make space.

My phone (HTC 8X) has 73mb free so I decided to delete a map that is 187mb.

Steps:

Long click on the map

get an option to delete,

select delete

app displays a prompt to confirm that I want to delete ... I click yes

Phone responds with "Not enough room" !!!!!!!! seriously???

(How crazy is this? ... I need room to delete a map????)

To show that this is truly an insane defect the complete error message reads:

"Not enough room. You need at least 335.7 MB of free space on your phone to get this map. Free up some space and try again".

Clearly they are reusing the error message text from when you try to download a map and there is not enough room. but I am trying to delete the map.

Any suggestions?

If I have to create space in order to delete map I think I will just laugh myself silly I need to      get more space on computer,but when I think I make room, more prrograms keep... :)

Thema:

I need to get more space on computer,but when I think I make room, more prrograms keep...

1. I need to get more space on computer,but when I think I make room, more prrograms keep... - Similar Threads - need more space

2. PC low on space message--how to make more space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC low on space message--how to make more space?: PC is low on space-How to make more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-low-on-space-message-how-to-make-more-space/6cd37556-f535-458c-8ac9-a98562a86be1
  3. When trying to update I don't get the "windows needs more space to update" screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When trying to update I don't get the "windows needs more space to update" screen.: I keep getting stuck in a loop. It tried to download the update and "fix issues" button comes up but it never goes to the screen that asks how to get more space. So, it tries to download the update again but can't. I have a micro sd card installed fomatted to NTFS....
  4. Need more storage space on C: drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need more storage space on C: drive.: Tried deleting all files not needed to free up space on my computer, by using disk cleanup and manually, but my computer continues to tell me more space is needed to update Windows 10 software it only updates 95% of 100%. I don't want to keep going and delete the wrong...
  5. Windows Needs More Space???

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Needs More Space???: Apparently Windows needs more space on my (C:) drive for its latest update. However, when I open the 'Storage Usage' box in 'Settings' it shows that I have 7.39GB of 'Temporary Files'. When I open the 'Temp. file' it shows a total of just a few MB's. Any suggestions? I show...
  6. I think i have a virus. I need assistance.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think i have a virus. I need assistance.: Hello everyone! My first post here *Smile So, i might have a virus on my laptop and i will need your help figuring it out. I found out about it by surprise,i just opened task manager and went to network activity to see whats accessing my internet and i found out that...
  7. Need more room

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need more room: I have a Dell tablet with a 32 Gig hard drive. I was down to 3 Gigs of free space. I removed a lot of software and blocked Windows Update. Was sitting on 1703/1706 (not sure which one). With all my messing around, I finally got up to 10 Gigs free. So I took a chance and went...
  8. Windows needs more space on upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows needs more space on upgrade: Hi, So I was going to upgrade to Win10 today on my laptop but I received a message about Windows needing more space on my disk drive. 8.1 is installed on my C:\, a 64Go SSD, of which 45Go is available, but only 5Go is free and Windows wants 14.8Go. I cannot create...
  9. App & Games get more and more space :(

in Windows 10 Support
    App & Games get more and more space :(: Please help me. My Windows 10 64bits has problem with space of C drive. App & Games get more than 70Gb of space. Please see details in attached and help me. Thanks 62676
  10. Need More Room on Boot SSD! - What Can I Delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need More Room on Boot SSD! - What Can I Delete?: I am in a real pickle. I cannot fix a problem in Windows, so am going to reinstall Windows. Or so I thought. I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and see I need to create media to reinstall Win10. Microsoft has a tool for this. Great. Tried to run it, and it says I need 8 GB of free...