Windows 10: I need to get my administrator status back Th

Discus and support I need to get my administrator status back Th in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I need to get my admin. status back after 2 yrs of being just a user bec. I followed someones advice. Please advise me if there`s a fairly easy... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bird 101, May 21, 2020.

1. bird 101 Win User

I need to get my administrator status back Th

Hi. I need to get my admin. status back after 2 yrs of being just a user bec. I followed someones advice. Please advise me if there`s a fairly easy way. Thanks much. r.

:)

bird 101, May 21, 2020
  2. Brian Cab Win User

Enabling administrative status on user account

Hi Jordan,

To address your concern, You can do the following steps provided below:

• Create a new account and set it as Administrator.
    • Log in to the new account and set your original account as Administrator from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, May 21, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 21, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows10 think my local user admin as Built-in Administrator. App can't be openen using the built-in administrator account

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. I need to get my administrator status back Th - Similar Threads - need administrator status

2. How can I get administration back on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get administration back on my account: Hello. So I turn on my pc and then I notice that my main user account no longer has administration. And when I try to boot into save mode it wants me to put in a password for the administrator account I don't remember making a password for. Everything I tried required me to...
  3. i need to stay in th initial build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need to stay in th initial build: the newer builds of windows 10 have large kernel level memory leaks and i end up going from 16 gigabytes of ram to 2 gigabytes of ram, because of those leaks. **moved to en-us locale**...
  4. I need to get my administration password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to get my administration password: I don't know my administration pass word how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-my-administration-password/2fd36af4-033a-4f34-aeef-ba2f3804e5fc
  5. I need to get my administration password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to get my administration password: I don't know my administration pass word how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-my-administration-password/2fd36af4-033a-4f34-aeef-ba2f3804e5fc
  6. I need to get my administration password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Administrator status on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator status on my PC: My home PC wont allow me to access Task Manager, Power Settings, Etc. and says i am no longer an administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-status-on-my-pc/0a75cf27-b8b9-4f94-97a4-6f6f8509bbcd
  8. How do I get my administrator account back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get my administrator account back: Split from this thread. May I join this ... I cannot get my administrator account back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-administrator-account-back/84b6c828-6f17-4973-97db-70c912db23a1
  9. Administrator status?

Administrator status?: In the last few days I had to do a recovery of my PD. I now find that I am no longer the administrator and files on my desktop are all 'read only'. How can I reset myself to administrator status?...
  10. Administrator status

Administrator status: I set-up this new laptop from scratch - obviously with the status of "administrator" I am logged in as "administrator" I want to make a small alteration but get error message "to do this you must have administrator rights" !!! Yet another example of Windows stupidity....