Windows 10: I need to get my administrator status back Th

Discus and support I need to get my administrator status back Th in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I need to get my admin. status back after 2 yrs of being just a user bec. I followed someones advice. Please advise me if there`s a fairly easy... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bird 101, May 21, 2020 at 2:02 PM.

1. bird 101 Win User

I need to get my administrator status back Th

Hi. I need to get my admin. status back after 2 yrs of being just a user bec. I followed someones advice. Please advise me if there`s a fairly easy way. Thanks much. r.

:)

2. Brian Cab Win User

Enabling administrative status on user account

Hi Jordan,

To address your concern, You can do the following steps provided below:

• Create a new account and set it as Administrator.
    • Log in to the new account and set your original account as Administrator from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

4. Arul_D Win User

Windows10 think my local user admin as Built-in Administrator. App can't be openen using the built-in administrator account

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thema:

1. I need to get my administrator status back Th - Similar Threads - need administrator status

2. How do I regain administrator status on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I regain administrator status on my PC: About two weeks ago I selected one HP printer and the other HP printer ran the job. Weird? Then, I wanted to scan a document to make a PDF file, and could not launch the scanner app for my HP laserjet 281 fwd printer. When I tried to diagnose the problem, my printer 281...
  3. I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.: I have Windows 10,Always have had Internet Explorer on My Computer,one night the computer said update and shut down,i did,next morning,i turned it on,i had Microsoft Edge,I cannot stand it,i need to have Internet Explorer back on,i have tried several times to reset it,not...
  4. Administrator status

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator status: I set-up this new laptop from scratch - obviously with the status of "administrator" I am logged in as "administrator" I want to make a small alteration but get error message "to do this you must have administrator rights" !!! Yet another example of Windows stupidity....
  5. I need to be administrator of my own computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to be administrator of my own computer: I have tried to defrag my computer but it wont let me because it says I'm not an administrator. The solution on help was to go into Friends and Others section. This did not work because my account did not come up as family or other....
  6. I Need My Files Back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Need My Files Back.: Okay so, my laptop had crashed a few days ago and it turned out that my hard drive crashed. I do music, so all of my project files, all of my songs, everything is gone. However, on my prowl to regain some things from the wreckage I thought, "Hey, well maybe it's on the...
  7. I need to change the status of my printer to online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to change the status of my printer to online: How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online? We had a new BT modem installed yesterday and the printer was working afterwards, but it's not working today. I've searched the Community and have found loads of threads with no answer so I'm hoping that I'll...
  8. I need help to getting the back-up working on my OneDrive

I need help to getting the back-up working on my OneDrive: I need help getting my OneDrive to back-up. Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-getting-the-back-up-working-on-my/103e78f6-d679-4545-b5a5-8e3a5e115ac8
  9. The picture on my screen is sideways and I need to get it back to a horizontal look>

in Windows 10 Customization
    The picture on my screen is sideways and I need to get it back to a horizontal look>: For some reason my screen is now sideways and I can't figure out how to change it back to a horizonal look. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/the-picture-on-my-screen-is-sideways-and-i-need-to/7b3ae882-32f3-40b6-853a-4ea44a6f3bd1
  10. Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back.

Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back.: I had recently reinstalled windows after this tragedy: Link to Question Everything works again, but there is a problem. I had my Users folder in my D disk. After reinstalling windows I still have it, but windows didn't use them. Right now I have both C:\Users and...