Windows 10: I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

Discus and support I need to get my Internet Explorer back on. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10,Always have had Internet Explorer on My Computer,one night the computer said update and shut down,i did,next morning,i turned it on,i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusanMcFadden, Mar 18, 2020.

1. I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

I have Windows 10,Always have had Internet Explorer on My Computer,one night the computer said update and shut down,i did,next morning,i turned it on,i had Microsoft Edge,I cannot stand it,i need to have Internet Explorer back on,i have tried several times to reset it,not working,please,someone tell me in plain,simple,ways toget Internet Explorer back on,i do not like Microsoft Edge at all! I am 66,so please be kind. Thank you.

:)

SusanMcFadden, Mar 18, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

I need to get my Internet Explorer back on. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Internet Explorer not working

Hi,

To better assist you with your Internet Explorer concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Internet Explorer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Excel?

Meanwhile, you can refer to PranavMishra5582's suggested steps in fixing Internet Explorer issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 18, 2020
  4. I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

1. I need to get my Internet Explorer back on. - Similar Threads - need Internet Explorer

2. NO INTERNET EXPLORER ANYMORE BUT I NEED IT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO INTERNET EXPLORER ANYMORE BUT I NEED IT!: I want to convey my strong dissatisfaction with the removal of Internet Explorer in the recent update. The reason for my concern is that I have a critical old program that solely operates with Internet Explorer, and it doesn't function properly in Edge with IE Mode. I would...
  3. NO INTERNET EXPLORER ANYMORE BUT I NEED IT!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NO INTERNET EXPLORER ANYMORE BUT I NEED IT!: I want to convey my strong dissatisfaction with the removal of Internet Explorer in the recent update. The reason for my concern is that I have a critical old program that solely operates with Internet Explorer, and it doesn't function properly in Edge with IE Mode. I would...
  4. NO INTERNET EXPLORER ANYMORE BUT I NEED IT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need to get my original profile back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to get my original profile back: Split from this thread. I need to get my original profile back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-my-original-profile-back/4f88514b-72ae-4a37-8ce4-6704a2a48a5b
  6. I need to get my original profile back

I need to get my original profile back: Split from this thread. I need to get my original profile back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-my-original-profile-back/4f88514b-72ae-4a37-8ce4-6704a2a48a5b
  7. How do i get internet back on my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get internet back on my pc?: Hi Today i woke up and turned my pc on and found out it wasn’t detecting any wifi network even tho my phones detect it but it happened to me before, i usually just reset network settings and things go back to normal, only this time after the reset was complete the issue was...
  8. How do i get internet back on my pc?

How do i get internet back on my pc?: Hi Today i woke up and turned my pc on and found out it wasn’t detecting any wifi network even tho my phones detect it but it happened to me before, i usually just reset network settings and things go back to normal, only this time after the reset was complete the issue was...
  9. Trying to get back on the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to get back on the internet: I have windows 10 and cannot get on the internet. I was on, don't know what I did, but cannot get back on. Rebooted the modem and router. Tried a reset. Tried a restore, but it would not work. Trouble shooters do not work, I tried 10 different fixes from the internet ,...
  10. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?: Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially reduces my battery life I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it...