Windows 10: I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft...

Discus and support I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft news app that was installed without my permission by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeKidd243, Jun 9, 2021.

1. I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft...

I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft news app that was installed without my permission by windows update.I don't want to know how to just "hide" the damn thing, I want it GONE and NEVER coming back. I didn't ask for it, I don't want it, I didn't give permission to install this ****. I want to know how to REMOVE IT, asap.

:)

JoeKidd243, Jun 9, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft... :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Mark0 Win User
    Completely uninstall provisioned apps: how-to and detailed explanation

Sorry, that can't work, because you're searching for neutral after quering without -PackageTypeFilter. That is: you retrieve only Main and Framework packages and then you search the ones with an undefined architecture.
    You should rather use:
    Code:
    But I would suggest you to query the registry as I suggested in my last post. That should be even better because you're not relying on assumptions on Get-AppxPackage. With a registry query you're asking Windows which Bundle apps it has installed.
    Or, if you feel like, try both and compare the results. *Biggrin
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mark0, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft...

Completely uninstall provisioned apps: how-to and detailed explanation

Great work Mark. *Smile

As a test, I searched the app list created using step 2 in option 3 with the keyword "neutral" to see which apps may require -PackageTypeFilter Bundle.

It appears the app packages with "neutral" were mostly all system apps that shouldn't be removed, so I'm not sure this will be needed for apps installed by users from the Microsoft Store.

Did you see anything different?

I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft... [​IMG]

Brink, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft...

1. I need to know how to UNINSTALL and completely REMOVE any and all vestiges of the microsoft... - Similar Threads - need UNINSTALL completely

2. How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety: Hi,I need a resolution to this:Upfront Microsoft states "If in USA, EU, Brazil, legislation requires adult consent." I am in Australia, a parent aged over 50 and have had enough of this Microsoft family safety features for my son."I buy a computer for him, make him...
  3. How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety: Hi,I need a resolution to this:Upfront Microsoft states "If in USA, EU, Brazil, legislation requires adult consent." I am in Australia, a parent aged over 50 and have had enough of this Microsoft family safety features for my son."I buy a computer for him, make him...
  4. How to completely uninstall any software with leftovers ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to completely uninstall any software with leftovers ?: I want to uninstall any software completely like it was never installed in the first place . I don't want to do the stuffs manually . Previously I always used the default uninstaller that comes with the softwares . After uninstalling sometimes the folder remains there . So I...
  5. How to uninstall PC Accelerator once and for all? I know!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall PC Accelerator once and for all? I know!: OK people. We have been having this problem for YEARS on DS's desktop.But, a few years ago he got a laptop for college and the desktop became a member of the pile of "misfit toys".Until, much younger DS found it and wanted to use it.Ah! haunted again.The big problem for...
  6. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?: Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby atmos, it happens only at the first launch of any game. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting dolby atmos and use DTS but...
  7. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?: Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby atmos, it happens only at the first launch of any game. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting dolby atmos and use DTS but...
  8. Unable to Remove/Uninstall an App completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Remove/Uninstall an App completely: Dear community, So I recently downloaded an app and unfortunately got bundled up with some junk virus software. I was trying to remove the software but somehow were not able to remove it completely. It kept showing up in my list of Apps & features, but the Modify and...
  9. Completely Uninstall & Remove All Traces of Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Completely Uninstall & Remove All Traces of Edge: How do I quickly remove and uninstall Edge? Did anyone make a .reg or .bat file to do it all for you? 35090
  10. How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??: I had a printer software previously installed. Then I installed a different printer of the same company (Epson). I uninstalled one hoping to retain just the other. But when I wanted to use the only printer left on my system it gave me an option to use it or the other printer....