Windows 10: I need to know how why and what to do about my computer not offering a manual way to adjust...

Discus and support I need to know how why and what to do about my computer not offering a manual way to adjust... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to know how why and what to do about my computer not offering a manual way to adjust my screen resolution as the ones in the past have. None of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lorrainereilly2, Apr 2, 2021.

1. I need to know how why and what to do about my computer not offering a manual way to adjust...

I need to know how why and what to do about my computer not offering a manual way to adjust my screen resolution as the ones in the past have. None of the predesignated selection choices are correct. When I could manually calibrate the settings it worked great, but with a new computer I can't find the manual if there even is one, which it doesn't appear so... WHY?!?! Why would anyone think that is a good idea to exclude and take out of the hands of the owner/buyers of the computers???? Does anyone know of a workaround?

Microsoft Windows 10 Home CyberPowerPC - Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 - 2TB HDD + 240GB SSD

:)

lorrainereilly2, Apr 2, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Best way and smart tricks for optimizing windows computers

Hi,

Being a Tech Support Executive, I go through following steps for optimizing a Windows computer;

• Uninstall unwanted software
    • Disable unwanted services using msconfig
    • Check Windows Startup, Scheduled Tasks, Cleaning Registry issues and other steps using CCleaner
    • Check the option Adjust for best performance in Advanced Performance Option
    • Updating all software including Windows and Antivirus
    • Running full scan by an antivirus
    • Removing Internet temporary files using temp and %temp% commands
    • Resetting and optimizing all browsers
    • Running tools for removing junk files and malwares

I believe all above are common steps followed by almost all technicians and I have been doing same thing for long time. I would like to know more steps/ ticks that seem not common steps but more effective way.

Please find for me and let me know.

Regards

InTecch

GNJha, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I need to know how why and what to do about my computer not offering a manual way to adjust...

Manually Adjust The Minimum Backlight Brightness on Windows 10 Desktop

Hi,

There are 2 options to adjust or changes the brightness of your screen. You can adjust it using the monitor button or use the Display settings. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried adjusting the brightness using the monitor buttons.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to changes the screen brightness.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

I need to know how why and what to do about my computer not offering a manual way to adjust...

1. I need to know how why and what to do about my computer not offering a manual way to adjust... - Similar Threads - need why computer

2. My computer was hacked and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was hacked and I don't know what to do: Dear MicrosoftI'm only a student and starting highschool I needed to bring my computer however when I tried to connect to the internet it didn't work so I tried restarting however when I did my account disappeared so I took it to the IT teacher and she made an adminiator acc...
  3. I know my PIN, but what about my computer password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I know my PIN, but what about my computer password?: When logging into my computer, I usually use the PIN option. But just recently I was unable to log on my computer with my PIN, saying I had to use my password instead. I panicked, since I used my normal password only once before forgetting it completely. Luckily I was about...
  4. I know my PIN, but what about my computer password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I know my PIN, but what about my computer password?: When logging into my computer, I usually use the PIN option. But just recently I was unable to log on my computer with my PIN, saying I had to use my password instead. I panicked, since I used my normal password only once before forgetting it completely. Luckily I was about...
  5. I know my PIN, but what about my computer password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I know what's running on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I know what's running on my computer?: Task Manager is a helpful tool to see what Windows is doing. But some apps don't show up there. Or if they do, I'm not looking in the right place. I sometimes receive notifications from apps when I don't find any evidence of them being active. The apps sending these...
  7. My computer offers an update, how do I prepare?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer offers an update, how do I prepare?: So my Asus Windows 10 is offering an update to server 2004 or something. Im asking if when I update, will I have to setup everything again? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  8. I need to combine the two disks on my computer but i do not know how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to combine the two disks on my computer but i do not know how?: ive looked up how to do this many times and have found many videos and posts that dont help with my issues. essentially i have two disks on my desktop, a C and F drive. the C drive has 3 partitions and the F only has one. most of the tutorials i see reference options that are...
  9. What do I want to know about this scam?

What do I want to know about this scam?: Suddenly popped up. Does not give any workable option to close it. URL is strange, all sorts of flags here.... I even had a difficult time to regain control of the computer. It played a loud announcement. I switched off the speaker. Claims to be Windows Defender....
  10. How do i know what was changed on my computer from a virus?

How do i know what was changed on my computer from a virus?: I was downloading some stuff on windows version 8.1 and decided to face check the file with no anti-virus (nice), got ambushed with a virus who disabled Windows Defender and started doing some whack things in the background. I quickly managed to install malwarebytes and got...