Windows 10: I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.

Discus and support I need to know what sata hard drive port I got. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, i've got a toshiba satellite c55-b5100 And, what sata port do i got for hdd\ssd upgrades. I found a good deal on amazon for a ssd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyPlayz86, Jun 7, 2020.

1. I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.

Hey, i've got a toshiba satellite c55-b5100

And, what sata port do i got for hdd\ssd upgrades.

I found a good deal on amazon for a ssd.

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-CS900-240GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B0719D9YL7/ref=pd_sbs_147_1/130-3577906-3158223?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0719D9YL7&pd_rd_r=5a660ee3-77c4-4b62-860c-b1262316587f&pd_rd_w=KLKaD&pd_rd_wg=mHYPm&pf_rd_p=d9804894-61b7-40b3-ba58-197116cffd9d&pf_rd_r=MX82DSDZ5PBK631FH3XV&psc=1&refRID=MX82DSDZ5PBK631FH3XV

If you don't know, what is the email\website for toshiba computer support?

:)

SandyPlayz86, Jun 7, 2020
  2. SVLingam Win User

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Jun 7, 2020
  3. My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Hello Lingam,

As you are facing issues with accessing hard drive on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the hard drive?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 7, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.

Sharkoon Announces Mini-Quick Port Dock for 2.5 Inch SATA Hard Drives

Sharkoon's "QuickPort" series has increased again: The youngest and smallest model from the external hard drive docking station product line is specifically designed for magnet hard drives and SSDs with 2.5 inch form factor and SATA interfaces. The Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Mini offers a convenient plug-in slot and eject button, the accessible data medium can be directly connected to a notebook or computer. With its miniature size of 85 x 55 x 45 mm (W x L x H), the stable adapter is suitable for easy transit in a jacket or notebook bag. Connection and the power supply occur through the external USB port. On the rear of the device you will find a separate power switch. A topside LED illuminates during operation and data transfer.

Sharkoon offers the SATA QuickPort Mini in two choices: One model with a USB2.0 high speed port (max. 480 Mbps) and one model with USB3.0 SuperSpeed port (max. 5 Gbps). Shipping includes the appropriate instruction manual and USB cable (USB-Y or USB3.0). End customers will find the Sharkoon SATA QuickPorts Mini available from authorized retailers.

I need to know what sata hard drive port I got. 95a_thm.jpg

I need to know what sata hard drive port I got. 95b_thm.jpg

I need to know what sata hard drive port I got. 95c_thm.jpg

Suggested retail prices:
    • Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Mini USB2.0: MSRP 9.99 euros
    • Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Mini USB3.0: MSRP 24.90 euros

btarunr, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.

1. I need to know what sata hard drive port I got. - Similar Threads - need sata hard

2. I need to know if I got scammed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to know if I got scammed: please help me to know if I got scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-if-i-got-scammed/2f5ff5cb-1c25-4f13-a16d-7d9fefc40825
  3. I need to know if I got scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to know if I got scammed: please help me to know if I got scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-if-i-got-scammed/2f5ff5cb-1c25-4f13-a16d-7d9fefc40825
  4. I need to know if I got scammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i got bsod what i need do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got bsod what i need do: so i got bsod called live kernel event 141 what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-bsod-what-i-need-do/701e9df9-d427-44a4-a2e6-8c7df6b5715f
  6. i got bsod what i need do

i got bsod what i need do: so i got bsod called live kernel event 141 what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-bsod-what-i-need-do/701e9df9-d427-44a4-a2e6-8c7df6b5715f
  7. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  8. SATA hard drive

SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  9. Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration: Hello everyone. I have a drive showing RAW data after switching sata ports (really odd). The drive shows up as NTFS in various other tools though. The drive health is showing a-ok through SMART and other tools. I imaged the drive and it ran into no bad sectors; went off...
  10. Accidentally hard drive got locked with bit locker and i don't know the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally hard drive got locked with bit locker and i don't know the password: Can i disable the bit locker from Hard Drive as i forgot the password. And i don't even remember the recovery key? If Yes than could you give assistant with procedure?...