Windows 10: I need to know what these two files do.

Discus and support I need to know what these two files do. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; a game demo I downloaded tried and maybe succeeded to access these two files on my computer C:\Windows\INF\input.inf C:\Windows\INF\hidserv.PNF I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kenny4816, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Kenny4816 Win User

I need to know what these two files do.

a game demo I downloaded tried and maybe succeeded to access these two files on my computer

C:\Windows\INF\input.inf
    C:\Windows\INF\hidserv.PNF

I want to know what these two files do so I can understand if I should be worried.

:)

Kenny4816, Sep 2, 2020

2. File Explorer doesn't know how to sort

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please provide the following information:

• When did this issue start?
    • Are there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform these steps and see if it helps:

Step 1: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To perform the SFC Scan, you may refer to this
    link.

Step 2: Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program. Please see this
    link for the steps.

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 2, 2020
  3. I want to know what files are in what directories on my hard drive

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

To know which files are in which directory or to know the path of the files, I would suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + E keys together.

• Go to This PC and select C drive.

• Right click on any of the files.

• Select properties and find the location of the file.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 2, 2020
  4. I need to know what these two files do.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

I need to know what these two files do.

1. I need to know what these two files do. - Similar Threads - need files

2. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  3. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  4. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  5. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  6. Need some help with BSOD/DMP files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need some help with BSOD/DMP files: Hello, I have been dealing with various BSOD for a few months now and I finally decided to try a clean install of windows. Unfortunately, I kept getting the error "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart...
  7. Need some help with BSOD/DMP files

Need some help with BSOD/DMP files: Hello, I have been dealing with various BSOD for a few months now and I finally decided to try a clean install of windows. Unfortunately, I kept getting the error "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart...
  8. Need help deciphering a Memory.DMP file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help deciphering a Memory.DMP file.: I've installed the debugger, I've run the analyze command and I see the file it is referring to, but it's not telling me much beyond that. Normally it is much more obvious as to what is causing the problem. Normally I am used to this point to a particular device and driver,...
  9. Need help deciphering a Memory.DMP file.

Need help deciphering a Memory.DMP file.: I've installed the debugger, I've run the analyze command and I see the file it is referring to, but it's not telling me much beyond that. Normally it is much more obvious as to what is causing the problem. Normally I am used to this point to a particular device and driver,...
  10. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission: Hi,i wanted to delete a file but I couldn't because it said that some other program is using it. I have checked and couldn't find any program using it. i have opened properties window and did something there, actually a couple of things which I'm not very clear of, basically...