Windows 10: I need to make a shortcut to a website on my desktop

Discus and support I need to make a shortcut to a website on my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To a website, how to do it ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hardmesek, Apr 18, 2021.

1. hardmesek Win User

I need to make a shortcut to a website on my desktop

To a website, how to do it ?

:)

hardmesek, Apr 18, 2021

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Apr 18, 2021
  4. keakar Win User

ad blocker doesnt run for my website shortcuts

first off, im using IE11, yes I know boo hiss its the devil, its too unsafe, but anyway....

I have adblocker and I cant find any reports on this issue but if I open the browser with the browser link adblock runs and its protected, but lets say I have a desktop shortcut to go to my email or here, well when you use a desktop shortcut to the websites, the browser opens without adblock running. I confirmed this in task manager that it is indeed still off and not a running process. I also noted that adblock is not listed in the services list but im not sure if it should be or not.

so any help or advice on this would be great, I use desktop shortcuts for stuff and this means adblocker isn't running for nearly half of my online activities, maybe more. if it cant run anytime the browser is open then why have it, I see nothing in the way of settings or preferences options except a website block list or allow ads for this site.

keakar, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. I need to make a shortcut to a website on my desktop - Similar Threads - need shortcut website

2. Cant Delete a image shortcut from website on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Delete a image shortcut from website on my desktop: I tryed to save a image from google by dragging it onto my desktop and it diten seem to work for some wired reason. Now i cant delete it - rename does nothing. its not set to read only. only think i can do it move it around on the desktoprestart does nothing. and it does not...
  3. need help sending a shortcut to a particular website to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help sending a shortcut to a particular website to my desktop: How do I send a shortcut to a website not an app, but an actual website to my desktop on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-sending-a-shortcut-to-a-particular/23683106-947a-4b38-b8f2-08a89d369980
  4. need help sending a shortcut to a particular website to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help sending a shortcut to a particular website to my desktop: How do I send a shortcut to a website not an app, but an actual website to my desktop on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-sending-a-shortcut-to-a-particular/23683106-947a-4b38-b8f2-08a89d369980
  5. The website shortcuts on my desktop keep dissapearing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The website shortcuts on my desktop keep dissapearing.: First off. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate subreddit to ask about this but I thought this would be best. So I recently had to download Chrome Portable for school related reasons. I have to do work on a website that requires Flash but since that was shutdown we now...
  6. website as a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    website as a desktop shortcut: like my friend i want my website as a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-as-a-desktop-shortcut/16127ab1-f442-4562-9065-ca4fc7715da8
  7. Desktop website shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop website shortcuts: I have recently reset chrome due to a pesky pop up that wouldn't go away but unfortunately i forgot that most of the website shortcuts i created to the desktop only open to the default google search page now and some won't recreate at all, after doing some searching i found...
  8. Trouble creating a website shortcut on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a website shortcut on the desktop: Windows 10. Chrome browser. Can't seem to add website shortcut to the desktop. Search said to left click the icon to the left of the website address & pull it to the desktop, but left-clicking doesn't "grab" the icon....
  9. making website desktop shortcut on tablet

in Browsers and Email
    making website desktop shortcut on tablet: rca cambio w101 v2 w10, explorer asked about stuff before, was never sure of things I have couple of website dsktp shortcuts, but now cant figure out how to do it again. Something could be wrong, I'll be sending it back soon, but meantime..... 82778
  10. How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?: Does anyone know how to do this? With Internet Explorer you simply dragged the site icon in the title bar to the desktop, but I can't seem to do this with Edge.*Sad 11027