Windows 10: I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so?

Discus and support I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows stopped booting up on my original drive, so I purchased a new one got a fresh install of windows running. I can see all the files on the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayBenz, Jan 24, 2019.

1. JayBenz Win User

I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so?

My windows stopped booting up on my original drive, so I purchased a new one got a fresh install of windows running. I can see all the files on the old drive, just need to move everything over to the new bootable drive.

I had the "pickup where you left off" feature on both browsers so it'd be nice if I could get that to transfer (that's really all I want, the tabs that were open). But if not possible, I really need the history at the least.

I've looked this up online and tried to just get the history moving the files at \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History and \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC from the old drive to the new one; but when I open Edge and IE afterwards, there is no new history.

Any help much appreciated!

:)

JayBenz, Jan 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so? :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so? - Similar Threads - need move Edge

2. I need to move a recent document in Word to Desktop so I can load it to Docusign - how do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to move a recent document in Word to Desktop so I can load it to Docusign - how do I...: I am having trouble uploading a document to Docusign from the Recent Documents list. I can do it from Desktop but don't know how to move the recent document to Desktop?...
  3. I need to move a recent document in Word to Desktop so I can load it to Docusign - how do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to move a recent document in Word to Desktop so I can load it to Docusign - how do I...: I am having trouble uploading a document to Docusign from the Recent Documents list. I can do it from Desktop but don't know how to move the recent document to Desktop?...
  4. How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?: upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I want to boot my laptop so I can copy my data before its lost. Suggestions?...
  5. How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?: upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I want to boot my laptop so I can copy my data before its lost. Suggestions?...
  6. How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I need help to move data from C drive to new hdd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to move data from C drive to new hdd.: Hey everyone, I bought a new HDD and my old HDD is dying. So I want to move my C drive to a empty partition of new HDD so that my new HDD become my boot drive. The problem is I don't know how to do that. I tried to use a software called minitool shadow maker but it wants to...
  8. how do i unlock a file or folder so i can move it

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i unlock a file or folder so i can move it: Howdy, i often cannot move a folder to another location because windows says it's currently in use in another program. i checked and closed all programs. still the same error. i downloaded a cool program named "Lockhunter - a foolproof file unlocker". It sits in the...
  9. Moving Data to New Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Moving Data to New Drive: I bought a new laptop that had a 256GB SSD and added a 500GB HDD as the data drive. Now, on occasion, I'm hearing a slight metallic clicking sound. (I believe it may be the HDD) Not wanting to take the chance of losing a bunch of data, I want to move it to another HDD that I...
  10. How to do something in Edge that I could do in IE?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to do something in Edge that I could do in IE?: Using IE as my browser I was able to go to a website that posted short stories and some fan fiction. Once the story was open I could hit the ctrl key and the s key at the same time and it would open up a save dialogue box. I could then choose how to save the file. I cannot...