Windows 10: i need to move my information from old computer to new one

Discus and support i need to move my information from old computer to new one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to move information to new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarbaraJent1, Sep 11, 2018.

1. i need to move my information from old computer to new one

how to move information to new computer

:)

BarbaraJent1, Sep 11, 2018

2. Favorites of Internet Explorer of old computer suddenly added to favorites list of new computer without any action

Thank you for your reply, IECUSTOMIZER. Actually, while my old HP computer (no longer working i.e. dead) was using Windows 8.1 and IE 11 and my new HP computer was under Windows 10 and IE 11. Assuming your answer to be correct, this has to be the most nonsensical
    feature present in HP computers. When I made my first post here, only SOME old favorites were put back into my new computer, and for simplicity I just deleted them. But now, just before typing here again, I found that ALL of the old favorites list from the
    "dead" computer have AGAIN been added back to my new computer. In other words, I can't even delete any of the items in my old favorites list - since, to repeat, that old computer was already dead.

I find this highly disturbing, as your answer suggests that information were collected and stored by companies even from machines that have not even been in use for a long time.

HenryWong1, Sep 11, 2018
  3. tater Win User
    Need ideas for new computer

if this is an upgrade computer... then i wouldnt suggest buying new ones and wasting $200-$300 on new ones.., especially if all the old stuff works fine

tater, Sep 11, 2018
  4. i need to move my information from old computer to new one

Andre Da Costa, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

i need to move my information from old computer to new one

1. i need to move my information from old computer to new one - Similar Threads - need move information

2. looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one: hey everyone i recently just got a new ssd which is much better then my old ssd i was wondering how i move my windows os to the new drive i had a look online and there all talking about many third party software im not sure how to use anyone could help that would be great my...
  3. looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one: hey everyone i recently just got a new ssd which is much better then my old ssd i was wondering how i move my windows os to the new drive i had a look online and there all talking about many third party software im not sure how to use anyone could help that would be great my...
  4. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  5. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  6. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Moving my SSD from my old laptop to my new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving my SSD from my old laptop to my new one: Hi, I currently have a SSD with Windows 10 in my old laptop which I would like to move to a new laptop which has Windows 10 Installed on a PCIe NVME SSD. I've already checked and there is room in my new laptop to install my old SSD in. Is it possible to do this so that...
  8. moving content from old to new computer

moving content from old to new computer: I have a very old DellOptiplex 360 desktop with windows 10 and am finally getting rid of it. I need to switch all my content over to my new Dell desktop. I forgot how to do this. I need to switch over outlook emails, all documents, all videos, all docs saved directly on my...
  9. Is it possible to move all my programs to my new computer from my old one?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to move all my programs to my new computer from my old one?: I was under the impression that since almost all programs use the registry it was virtually impossible to move my programs (e.g., Microsoft Office, Norton AV, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) from my old Windows 10 computer to my new Windows 10 computer. Yet I see applications...
  10. Moving win10 from old computer to new

Moving win10 from old computer to new: I'm upgrading from and old computer to a new build. Am I able to move the operating system to the new one without buying a brand new windows product key? I will not be using the old one whatsoever (just keeping the hard drives). Originally this was a windows 7 and I got the...