Windows 10: i need to put a password in to update my email on laptop. But there is nowhere for me to...

Discus and support i need to put a password in to update my email on laptop. But there is nowhere for me to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ive changed the password but there doesn't seem to be a way to put it into outlook on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JulieMcHugh, Apr 9, 2020.

1. i need to put a password in to update my email on laptop. But there is nowhere for me to...

Ive changed the password but there doesn't seem to be a way to put it into outlook on my pc

:)

JulieMcHugh, Apr 9, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Apr 9, 2020
  4. i need to put a password in to update my email on laptop. But there is nowhere for me to...

Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

i need to put a password in to update my email on laptop. But there is nowhere for me to...

1. i need to put a password in to update my email on laptop. But there is nowhere for me to... - Similar Threads - need put password

2. I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...: I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I enter it and after that the mouse icon will slide endlessly until I move it. When I go to Ctrl+Alt+Del, then you can change the PIN code there. But when I log in to my profile, the...
  3. I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...: I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I enter it and after that the mouse icon will slide endlessly until I move it. When I go to Ctrl+Alt+Del, then you can change the PIN code there. But when I log in to my profile, the...
  4. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...: I tried logging in with safe mode put i can't.My laptop didn't fully reset.My laptop will only be in safe mode with the command prompt option, but doesn't have the search button to repair the "The profile user has failed"....
  5. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...: I tried logging in with safe mode put i can't.My laptop didn't fully reset.My laptop will only be in safe mode with the command prompt option, but doesn't have the search button to repair the "The profile user has failed"....
  6. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

7. how do i fix my ..email account needs updating.. your password needs updating..on windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i fix my ..email account needs updating.. your password needs updating..on windows...: i keep receiving.... email settings need updating.... and... your password needs updating... messages on my windows mail 10 please how do i update, ive a vm email account.. thanks...
  8. Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection: This is an ongoing issues regardless of the Windows 10 version. I have things on my laptop I need to access independent of internet. It's an HP Envy long out of support warranty....
  9. My new email tells me I need to update my password or give the account permission to syn to...

My new email tells me I need to update my password or give the account permission to syn to...: Had to set up a new email account. Get a warning !, says I need to update password, didn't work or give the account permission to sync to this device. Any suggestions as how to do this for Windows 10? Thanks...
  10. I need to put new password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to put new password: Im having issues loggin into my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-put-new-password/4f945cbc-205b-4485-80bf-5c7e1ccbfcf0