Windows 10: I need to reboot in order for Windows to recognize audio output device

Discus and support I need to reboot in order for Windows to recognize audio output device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First, let me start by saying that I have seen many instances of a similar problem to this, so please do not assume that this was already answered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GF1701, Dec 1, 2019.

1. GF1701 Win User

I need to reboot in order for Windows to recognize audio output device

First, let me start by saying that I have seen many instances of a similar problem to this, so please do not assume that this was already answered until you read to the end. Thanks.

This must have started after a Windows update, some time within the past 2 or 3 months. I used to always have external speakers connected to my Dell laptop, but I also have had frequent problems with the Realtek driver, with loud crackling sounds coming out of the speaker. So I started to unplug the speaker jack from the computer and use the Dell speakers, except when I wanted to listen to music or watch a video, in which case I plugged the speakers back in. Windows would recognize that I'd plugged in the speakers, and as the Realtek driver for them was the default audio device, it would switch to speaker output--until, that is, a couple of months ago. Then, no matter what I did, if the speakers were not plugged in already when I booted the computer, Windows would not recognize them when I plugged them in. I did many web searches, tried all the suggestions, and the only one that worked was to uninstall the Realtek driver and reboot. (I since learned that I don't need to uninstall the driver, just reboot with the speakers plugged in.) Needless to say, this is extremely annoying. I had hoped it was just a driver issue, but there are no newer Realtek drivers to be found than the one I have. So what may be causing this behavior? If you want to see what suggestions I've already read and tried (driver, uninstall and reinstall, settings, troubleshooter, audio enhancemenst, etc. etc. etc.), here are the three articles I've used as resources:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/headphones-not-recognized-as-plugged-in/53352f88-b7ad-477f-9585-12c462371fb0
    https://www.howtogeek.com/443702/how-to-fix-sound-problems-in-windows-10/
    https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-headphones-not-working-windows10/

:)

GF1701, Dec 1, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 1, 2019
  3. No Audio Output Device is installed

After the last Windows Update this may , my audio output device work once and failed to be recognized 10 timesI made all steps which virtual agent-Microsoft support had told me to do , but the problem still the same .

Just to know , My audio device is completely working , I checked it using another OS .

Ahmed Ali Ibrahim 53, Dec 1, 2019
  4. I need to reboot in order for Windows to recognize audio output device

No Audio Output Device is installed

You can also try this possible solution to your Issue

Fix "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" Error with Device Mannager

Device Manager is another troubleshooter which could help to fix many common computer issues, including "no audio output device is installed" error on Windows 10.

Step 1. Open the search box, type devmgmt.mcs in the Run dialog to open Device Manager.

Step 2. Scroll down to find the catagory "Sound, video and game controllers", expand it to locate your audio device and select it.

Note: If you can not see the "Sound, video and game controllers" catagory, follow the steps below to find it.

• Select "Action" on the top of the panel. (If there is no "Action" tab, click on the blank place and then click on "Action")

• Select "Add Legacy hardware".

Click Next on the popping up Add Hardware Wizard window.

• Choose "Search for and install hardware automatically" and then hit "Next". (If the Wizard message reads "the wizard did not find any new hardware on your computer", click Next)

Scroll down to locate the "Sound, video and game controllers" option.

• Select it and then click Next.

• Choose your exact sound card and then click Next.

Click Next to install the audio driver and then click Finish.

Step 3. Right-click on the audio device. Select Enable.

Step 4. Now check whether the audio issue is solved. If persists, choose Uninstall to remove the audio driver.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to save the changes and Windows will load you the audio driver automatically.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-...

Wilfredo_Soto, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

I need to reboot in order for Windows to recognize audio output device

1. I need to reboot in order for Windows to recognize audio output device - Similar Threads - need reboot order

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. audio output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio output devices: My smart phone is paired to my laptop but I cannot get the laptop to output audio to my smart phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-devices/c8ddc572-e46b-4e33-92ab-baa684f6027b
  5. Need help with "No Audio Output Device is installed"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with "No Audio Output Device is installed": So I was on my pc to check to start class then i see that I can't put my volume up. I thought it could just be an update error so I checked the updates. (which last checked was like 10 mins b4 i got back on, and the update would almost never work) when I tried to do the...
  6. Audio Device is listed in the Device Manager, but not recognized as an in-/ or output in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Device is listed in the Device Manager, but not recognized as an in-/ or output in...: Dear Microsoft Support Team, context: I'm using an audio interface Yamaha AG06 to capture sound from an XLR-microphone, and else. It can be used for plug n' play purposes and I never had a problem with it since I've reset my PC a couple of months ago. This morning I...
  7. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...
  8. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  9. output audio device

output audio device: my system is showing notification of no audio output device is installed and even no audio sound is audible.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-audio-device/5b5d3f20-0ab8-4f46-94cb-106a14808e96
  10. soundcard audio output not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    soundcard audio output not recognized: my audio from back of my desktop wont appear on my playback device selector. if i plug headphones to my front panel 3.5 jack it does appear as a selectable device, and there is no issues in the device manager audio tab. so i guess its nothing wrong with the integrated sound...