Windows 10: I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

Discus and support I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Need to recover Product Key after device wipe. I have tried Support and been disconnected and cannot understand them on phone. The laptop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanaThornton77, Aug 7, 2019.

1. I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

Need to recover Product Key after device wipe. I have tried Support and been disconnected and cannot understand them on phone. The laptop was purchased through Amazon and I have Product ID but not Key. What does error code mean by "contact your organization"? Is Windows not the "organization"?

:)

DanaThornton77, Aug 7, 2019
  2. CarolKopp Win User

My Product Key

I have hit another roadblock in my marathon two-day attempt to restore the laptop that Windows 10 destroyed. I do not have the product key for the device, so cannot even revert to Windows 8.1. The product key is not shown in the Amazon purchase listing for the device, and I long ago lost the paperwork. Is there any way I can look it up (keeping in mind of course that the device itself is utterly unusable in its current state)?

CarolKopp, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Recover product key

How can I recover a lost product key for a windows server 2016 license? I have the proof of purchase that contains the COA (certificate of authenticity) bar code, I would imagine that based on this I would be able to either get the corresponding product
    key or a replacement one. The product key was not used on the server as it was never taken out of the envelope that contained it so I can't recover it from the actual server.

timiotatos, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Jkrazor Win User

I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

Missing product key / purchasing a new product key

I recently bought a laptop from a friend who said they had wiped it, and reinstalled windows 7 on to it. After I received it from them, I got a notification saying that I needed to activate windows. I asked her if she had the product key and she said that
    she didn't. Note that windows 7 was pre-installed onto this laptop before she wiped it and reinstalled it. If there is a way to recover the product key, that would be great. Otherwise i'd simply like to just buy a new product key. I tried to talk to customer
    support but you can't really talk to a robot that doesn't have the pre programmed prompt to help me with this.

Side note: There is not a COA sticker on this laptop however it does have the windows 7 sticker on it which is how I know that it originally came with windows on it. Also I am still able to use the computer even though it's not activated.

Jkrazor, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

1. I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through... - Similar Threads - need recover product

2. need to purchase product key for windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  3. need to purchase product key for windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  4. Needed help in recovering the windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Needed help in recovering the windows product key: I have brougt a laptop with windows 7 home and later upgraded it into windows 10 pro. Currently I don't have the original CD cover and invoice which contain the license key.The windows is activated with and digital license. Its a couple of years now and I have reinstalled the...
  5. Needed help in recovering the windows product key

Needed help in recovering the windows product key: I have brougt a laptop with windows 7 home and later upgraded it into windows 10 pro. Currently I don't have the original CD cover and invoice which contain the license key.The windows is activated with and digital license. Its a couple of years now and I have reinstalled the...
  6. Needed help in recovering the windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. I need my product key for online windows purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my product key for online windows purchase: have been on the phone for 40 minutes already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key-for-online-windows-purchase/f32d5374-463c-47af-82da-e752ff104233
  8. I need my product key for online windows purchase

I need my product key for online windows purchase: have been on the phone for 40 minutes already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key-for-online-windows-purchase/f32d5374-463c-47af-82da-e752ff104233
  9. Recover my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover my product key: I loss my product key for windows 10.How can I retrieve my key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-my-product-key/a92e0f89-47bb-48c6-82cf-fc2762b5ec77
  10. Product key after wiping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key after wiping: Can i still use my product key that microsoft gave to activate window 10 ,after i wipe my hard-drive?...I was thinking about selling my computer......I have already activate window 10 ,but i know after wiping the hard-drive,i would have to reinstall window 10 20123