Windows 10: I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

Discus and support I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Need to recover Product Key after device wipe. I have tried Support and been disconnected and cannot understand them on phone. The laptop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanaThornton77, Aug 7, 2019.

1. I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

Need to recover Product Key after device wipe. I have tried Support and been disconnected and cannot understand them on phone. The laptop was purchased through Amazon and I have Product ID but not Key. What does error code mean by "contact your organization"? Is Windows not the "organization"?

:)

DanaThornton77, Aug 7, 2019
  2. CarolKopp Win User

My Product Key

I have hit another roadblock in my marathon two-day attempt to restore the laptop that Windows 10 destroyed. I do not have the product key for the device, so cannot even revert to Windows 8.1. The product key is not shown in the Amazon purchase listing for the device, and I long ago lost the paperwork. Is there any way I can look it up (keeping in mind of course that the device itself is utterly unusable in its current state)?

CarolKopp, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Recover product key

How can I recover a lost product key for a windows server 2016 license? I have the proof of purchase that contains the COA (certificate of authenticity) bar code, I would imagine that based on this I would be able to either get the corresponding product
    key or a replacement one. The product key was not used on the server as it was never taken out of the envelope that contained it so I can't recover it from the actual server.

timiotatos, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Jkrazor Win User

I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

Missing product key / purchasing a new product key

I recently bought a laptop from a friend who said they had wiped it, and reinstalled windows 7 on to it. After I received it from them, I got a notification saying that I needed to activate windows. I asked her if she had the product key and she said that
    she didn't. Note that windows 7 was pre-installed onto this laptop before she wiped it and reinstalled it. If there is a way to recover the product key, that would be great. Otherwise i'd simply like to just buy a new product key. I tried to talk to customer
    support but you can't really talk to a robot that doesn't have the pre programmed prompt to help me with this.

Side note: There is not a COA sticker on this laptop however it does have the windows 7 sticker on it which is how I know that it originally came with windows on it. Also I am still able to use the computer even though it's not activated.

Jkrazor, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

1. I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through... - Similar Threads - need recover product

2. i need my product key sent to me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i need my product key sent to me: please I need my product key as I am unable to get it from my retailer Jumia Nigeria https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key-sent-to-me/b939e38e-c579-4138-9151-016186340ac3
  3. I need to find my product key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to find my product key: PROUDUCT KEY * Original title: QUESTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-find-my-product-key/7f2be423-97f7-4456-82e7-25075cb0d9cd"
  4. purchase product key for windows 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    purchase product key for windows 2010: I am just trying to purchase a product license key for windows 10 that is already on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchase-product-key-for-windows-2010/aae158ea-7e30-4c97-bd9b-04ea66689e34"
  5. Can i recover my Windows 10 product key?

Can i recover my Windows 10 product key?: I have a problem. My windows 10 pro came pre-activated on my HDD. I don't know the product key and I cant re-activate it anymore. Is there any way I could get the product key?...
  6. I need help with my windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help with my windows 10 product key: I bought a prebuilt computer and windows isnt activated and the windows product key isnt scratching. I have treid using a screw driver to scratch and it still wont scratch. I need help. [IMG]...
  7. I need my Office Product Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need my Office Product Key: Can anyone PLEASE tell me where I can find my Microsoft Product Key!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-office-product-key/ea1099ee-b568-48b2-ac41-eba9b032b7e8
  8. Need the product key

Need the product key: I badly want the product key of product id:00331-10000-00001-AA796 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-the-product-key/8e7c70fa-9a71-4722-9598-0cf6212884b6
  9. need product key

need product key: Back in July of 2015 (I think that was the year) when you got windows 10 free of charge, I downloaded it and saved the file. I had to reinstall today and was asked for the product key. I did not get one. If I remember right there was one key for all of them. Does anyone know...
  10. Product key after wiping

Product key after wiping: Can i still use my product key that microsoft gave to activate window 10 ,after i wipe my hard-drive?...I was thinking about selling my computer......I have already activate window 10 ,but i know after wiping the hard-drive,i would have to reinstall window 10 20123