Windows 10: I need to refresh my pc that is currently running windows 10 upgraded by Microsoft from...

Discus and support I need to refresh my pc that is currently running windows 10 upgraded by Microsoft from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to refresh, not restore my pc that is currently running windows 10. It came from the factory with window 8 and was upgraded for free by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RicLund, Jun 27, 2020.

1. RicLund Win User

I need to refresh my pc that is currently running windows 10 upgraded by Microsoft from...

I need to refresh, not restore my pc that is currently running windows 10. It came from the factory with window 8 and was upgraded for free by Microsoft when 10 came out. How can I do this and maintain windows 10? I don't have installation ware since MS did it. Can I still maintain files if I upgrade back to windows 10? I saw in other post I won't need key I think.

:)

RicLund, Jun 27, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 27, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 27, 2020
  4. I need to refresh my pc that is currently running windows 10 upgraded by Microsoft from...

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

I need to refresh my pc that is currently running windows 10 upgraded by Microsoft from...

1. I need to refresh my pc that is currently running windows 10 upgraded by Microsoft from... - Similar Threads - need refresh currently

2. my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024?: my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-currently-running-on-windows-7-can-i/3ebba272-4d08-4a20-9f31-43c3b99573da
  3. I currently am running windows 7 from my Acer laptop and would like to upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I currently am running windows 7 from my Acer laptop and would like to upgrade to...: I currently am running windows 7 from my Acer laptop and would like to upgrade to windows11. Can someone help me plz? How do I accomplish this?...
  4. I currently am running windows 7 from my Acer laptop and would like to upgrade to...

I currently am running windows 7 from my Acer laptop and would like to upgrade to...: I currently am running windows 7 from my Acer laptop and would like to upgrade to windows11. Can someone help me plz? How do I accomplish this?...
  5. My PC Is running an upgrade windows 11 from 10 I need to re-install but need a product...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Is running an upgrade windows 11 from 10 I need to re-install but need a product...: My PC Is running an upgrade windows 11 from 10 I need to re-install but need a product key.Where can I find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-running-an-upgrade-windows-11-from-10-i/5b7240f6-e58a-4d6e-abe8-2a928d62c214
  6. My PC Is running an upgrade windows 11 from 10 I need to re-install but need a product...

My PC Is running an upgrade windows 11 from 10 I need to re-install but need a product...: My PC Is running an upgrade windows 11 from 10 I need to re-install but need a product key.Where can I find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-running-an-upgrade-windows-11-from-10-i/5b7240f6-e58a-4d6e-abe8-2a928d62c214
  7. my pc runs on window 10, do i need a new pc to run window 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc runs on window 10, do i need a new pc to run window 11?: My pc runs on Windows 10, do I need a new pc to run on Windows 11?André https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-runs-on-window-10-do-i-need-a-new-pc-to-run/c7f2078d-c92c-4bb8-9791-571c0785ed54
  8. my pc runs on window 10, do i need a new pc to run window 11?

my pc runs on window 10, do i need a new pc to run window 11?: My pc runs on Windows 10, do I need a new pc to run on Windows 11?André https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-runs-on-window-10-do-i-need-a-new-pc-to-run/c7f2078d-c92c-4bb8-9791-571c0785ed54
  9. I need to delete epic games from my computer but it says it is currently running but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to delete epic games from my computer but it says it is currently running but it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Atharvt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnlmzd/i_need_to_delete_epic_games_from_my_computer_but/
  10. Upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10, will I need to upgrade Microsoft version of word...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10, will I need to upgrade Microsoft version of word...: My Hp Pavilion computer is 9 years old. There is nothing wrong with it but I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 since windows 7 will no longer be supported as of January 1, 2020. A local computer shop recommended I just upgrade computer and put a larger hard drive in like...