Windows 10: I need to reinstall windows without loosing my stuff

Discus and support I need to reinstall windows without loosing my stuff in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so like the title says i need to reinstall windows 10 without loosing any of my stuff a few updates ago i installed the update but i messed up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Need_Not, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Need_Not Win User

I need to reinstall windows without loosing my stuff

so like the title says i need to reinstall windows 10 without loosing any of my stuff

a few updates ago i installed the update but i messed up my some system32 files

so now i can't: install / uninstall anything, open task manager, run cmd promted admin, run powershell admin, do anything admin,

and search for apps in the start menu

how do ik its system32? because if i try to run anything admin or task manager it says c:\system32\(app)

then unknow file error

this is me trying to install some thing

I need to reinstall windows without loosing my stuff fbe06bf7-f646-47bb-88dd-df96c1571700?upload=true.png and what if i dont need to reinstall windows 10 can i some how get a fresh system32?

:)

Need_Not, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Nov 9, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I need to reinstall windows without loosing my stuff :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. I need to reinstall windows without loosing my stuff - Similar Threads - need reinstall without

2. I need help with my apps and stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my apps and stuff: Hello! in december of 2020 i got my laptop for school, I use it a lot and It has a lot of problems with windows, its a HP laptop probook and it wont let me access; calculator, microsoft store, films and tv, photos, camera. I have recently updated to windows 11 thinking it...
  3. I need help with my apps and stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my apps and stuff: Hello! in december of 2020 i got my laptop for school, I use it a lot and It has a lot of problems with windows, its a HP laptop probook and it wont let me access; calculator, microsoft store, films and tv, photos, camera. I have recently updated to windows 11 thinking it...
  4. i need to reinstall Microsoft store without reseting my pc

i need to reinstall Microsoft store without reseting my pc: i made a bad decision and uninstalled microsoft store, and now i can't install or open any 3rd party apps i have been trying to find a solution but all i can find is ones that don't work or are just fake and i just want it to be fixed as soon as possible...
  5. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?: Hi everyone,I purchased a new motherboard and cpu. After I stalling and connecting everything back together, my PC was only booting on the BIOS, despite detecting my drives.I disconnected them all, and only connecting the one which has windows, but the same happens.I...
  6. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?: Hi everyone,I purchased a new motherboard and cpu. After I stalling and connecting everything back together, my PC was only booting on the BIOS, despite detecting my drives.I disconnected them all, and only connecting the one which has windows, but the same happens.I...
  7. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 digital entitlement without loosing files and folders.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling Windows 10 digital entitlement without loosing files and folders.: Can I reinstall the Windows 10 digital entitlement program and if so, will the files and folders be in the correct place? Will this correct the constant stop codes and reboots. I am having too many stop codes since the recent Windows 10 updates....
  9. can i reset my pc without loosing window os

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i reset my pc without loosing window os: can i reset my pc without loosing window os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset/38ee12a8-6552-4f1f-aabe-4a1e223baef1
  10. How do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the...: Hello, I made a huge mistake of editing my msconfig and changing the maximum memory and now I cant boot up my laptop. So the best option i know is to reinstall windows. So... how do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the laptop,...