Windows 10: I need to remove a work account from my old job

Discus and support I need to remove a work account from my old job in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everybody, As the title says, I need to remove a Microsoft account that is tied to my old workplace. I don't work there anymore, and so when I quit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bleus4, Apr 5, 2021.

1. /u/Bleus4 Win User

I need to remove a work account from my old job

Hi everybody,

As the title says, I need to remove a Microsoft account that is tied to my old workplace. I don't work there anymore, and so when I quit a few months ago I made sure to log out of all emails and websites, cleaning out the old files on my pc etc. I thought I had done a thorough job, but apparently my laptop still has the old Microsoft account from my job remembered. This is an issue for me, because I get several pop-up window reminders daily that I need to login with the account, which I'd rather just not have so I also don't get reminded of my old job all the time.

I can't login or anything (to delete it myself), and I don't want to contact my old workplace (who wants to?), so I would actually just want a way for me to remove the account from the "memory" of my laptop, so it doesn't even have it as one of the suggested accounts.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Bleus4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bleus4, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 5, 2021
  4. I need to remove a work account from my old job

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

I need to remove a work account from my old job

1. I need to remove a work account from my old job - Similar Threads - need remove account

2. How do I remove an old work account from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an old work account from my computer: I used my personal laptop for a while when I started with my new company, when I received my work laptop I signed out of and deleted the old work account. I now have another work account on my personal laptop which was fine for about a year and now every day I get signed out...
  3. How do I remove an old work account from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove an old work account from my computer: I used my personal laptop for a while when I started with my new company, when I received my work laptop I signed out of and deleted the old work account. I now have another work account on my personal laptop which was fine for about a year and now every day I get signed out...
  4. How do I remove an old work account from my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove an old work account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an old work account.: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop, and a family subscription to Windows & Office.I left my previous company over a year ago. The laptop keeps producing notification to authenticate for Microsoft "Lists" with the old work account. No other Microsoft apps are doing this, and the...
  6. Remove an old work account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an old work account.: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop, and a family subscription to Windows & Office.I left my previous company over a year ago. The laptop keeps producing notification to authenticate for Microsoft "Lists" with the old work account. No other Microsoft apps are doing this, and the...
  7. I can't remove an old Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove an old Work Account: Before, Im using my laptop for both work and personal so Ive added my work account on my laptop. Now that i'm not part of the company, i need to remove all contents related to them. I tried to remove the work account but there is no option on my end. If I go to accounts >...
  8. Account removal from old device not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account removal from old device not working: I used to have a home device where I was signed in to my microsoft account. The old device is still in use but I have my own personal device where I am logged in to the same account. Now I want to remove the account from the home device. When I click on Manage my accounts in...
  9. removing account from my old laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing account from my old laptop: Hi removing account from my old laptop will it remove my account and data on my new laptop and data ? PLEASE I NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-account-from-my-old-laptop/df64f0c0-e841-4c4d-93cb-83bbc0ee78ee
  10. Remove old work account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove old work account: I have an old work account that is no longer active. I can't delete the account because it requires a password and I get a message saying the account is no longer active and can't get to where it can be deleted. I receive daily pop-ups telling me there is a work account...