Windows 10: I need to remove an administrative account from my desktop my brother put it on then moved...

Discus and support I need to remove an administrative account from my desktop my brother put it on then moved... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my brother put it on then moved away now I can't play any new games because of his administrative actions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matthew adhle, Jun 10, 2020.

1. I need to remove an administrative account from my desktop my brother put it on then moved...

my brother put it on then moved away now I can't play any new games because of his administrative actions

:)

Matthew adhle, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 10, 2020
  4. I need to remove an administrative account from my desktop my brother put it on then moved...

Administrator of brother's accounts

My brother has passed away. I am the administrator of my brother's estate. How do I get into his account to have access to his emails? What actions are needed to acquire his accounts?

barbaramartinez2, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

I need to remove an administrative account from my desktop my brother put it on then moved...

1. I need to remove an administrative account from my desktop my brother put it on then moved... - Similar Threads - need remove administrative

2. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  3. I need to remove my account from my family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to remove my account from my family: I need to remove an email from a family without acces to the owner account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-remove-my-account-from-my-family/b6ef45aa-56c5-4309-83eb-ec39c0066a52
  4. I need to remove my account from my family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need to remove my account from my family: I need to remove an email from a family without acces to the owner account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-remove-my-account-from-my-family/b6ef45aa-56c5-4309-83eb-ec39c0066a52
  5. I need to remove my account from my family

6. I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...: My computer only has one account and it's connected to my Microsoft account, but it's considered a "Guest Account" even though it should have all admin permissions and own the computer. Is it possible to make it into an administrator account?...
  7. I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...: My computer only has one account and it's connected to my Microsoft account, but it's considered a "Guest Account" even though it should have all admin permissions and own the computer. Is it possible to make it into an administrator account?...
  8. I NEED TO PUT WINDOWS 11 ON SCHOOL LAPTOP AND I NEED ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I NEED TO PUT WINDOWS 11 ON SCHOOL LAPTOP AND I NEED ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT: I NEED WINDOWS 11 FOR WINDOWS 10 DELL HOW CAN MY SCHOOL LAPTOP PUT WINDOWS 11 PLS I NEED ADMINISTRATOR ACCONT PLS PLS PLS * Original tile: HELP...
  9. I can no longer put a shortcut on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer put a shortcut on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...: I can no longer put a shortcut on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators permission and I am the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-put-a-shortcut-on-my-desktop-it/cd469587-b6b5-45fe-aa0c-5f03aaacc1e7
  10. I can no longer put a shortcut on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...

I can no longer put a shortcut on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...: I can no longer put a shortcut on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators permission and I am the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-put-a-shortcut-on-my-desktop-it/cd469587-b6b5-45fe-aa0c-5f03aaacc1e7