Windows 10: I need to remove an email address listed in "Email and Accounts" in the Settings.

Discus and support I need to remove an email address listed in "Email and Accounts" in the Settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a local admin account on this pc. Somehow my son's account has been attached to my admin account. In settings under "My Info" it showed his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nine lron, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Nine lron Win User

I need to remove an email address listed in "Email and Accounts" in the Settings.

I had a local admin account on this pc. Somehow my son's account has been attached to my admin account. In settings under "My Info" it showed his email address.

I was able to get that removed, I believe I had to delete it from the registry. I am again listed as a local account. However his email address is still listed under the "Email and Accounts" and it is apparently the primary email. There are other apps that are reading it as primary no matter how many times I sign out of them.

I have another email listed on the same screen but it won't allow me to make it primary. How can I remove the other Microsoft email address?

Thank you.

:)

Nine lron, Jun 29, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jun 29, 2020
  3. MT Alex Win User

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! I need to remove an email address listed in "Email and Accounts" in the Settings. :eek:

MT Alex, Jun 29, 2020
  4. I need to remove an email address listed in "Email and Accounts" in the Settings.

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

I need to remove an email address listed in "Email and Accounts" in the Settings.

1. I need to remove an email address listed in "Email and Accounts" in the Settings. - Similar Threads - need remove email

2. My account got hacked by this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I need...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My account got hacked by this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I need...: My account got hacked by this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I need help to deactivate this please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-got-hacked-by-this-email-and-i-need/9db9bfb7-b753-4c53-8184-1391de0b55a1
  3. My account got hacked by this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got hacked by this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I need...: My account got hacked by this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I need help to deactivate this please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-got-hacked-by-this-email-and-i-need/9db9bfb7-b753-4c53-8184-1391de0b55a1
  4. My account got hacked by this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I need...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email/3ac94388-a2e1-4e52-a4f3-708b9eea8f4c
  6. email addresses list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email addresses list: New to Windows 10 - How do I view my E mail address list? How do I edit E mail addresses and or names? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses-list/cf1eaeee-2d24-4689-89f7-88352ecba178
  7. No list of email addresses, etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No list of email addresses, etc...: I have no list of email addresses, drafts, file, nothing but emails. No tabs, tool bar, nothing but the emails. How do I get this information? I have windows live 10....
  8. But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...: Please Unblock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-i-cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-my-email/281f79fd-062a-4e5a-a4e2-88b30924bac4"
  9. Delete email account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete email account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***": Seit Wochen schreiben Sie mir, Sie hätten keine Berechtigung zum Abrufen von emails von obigem Konto? Diese email Adresse habe ich nie benutzt und bitte Sie daher, dieses Konto zu löschen, was mir leider unter "Einstellungen syncronisioeren" nicht gelungen ist. Also bitte...
  10. remove email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove email address: how do i remove an old email address from my previous employer. i dont have access since im no longer working there and don't remember the password Moved from: Microsoft Education /Windows 10 /Windows Hello, lock screen, & sign-in...