Windows 10: I need to remove my licence key due to hardware upgrade

Discus and support I need to remove my licence key due to hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am replacing my motherboard, processor, RAM and Hard Drive on my PC where I have Win10 Pro installed with a licence key which I have entered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rus4u, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Rus4u Win User

I need to remove my licence key due to hardware upgrade

Hello,

I am replacing my motherboard, processor, RAM and Hard Drive on my PC where I have Win10 Pro installed with a licence key which I have entered manually.

How do I remove my licence keyI know what it is and move it to my new build?

Or it will be automatically saved when I have created bootable USB using MediaCreationTool20H2 ?

Thanks

:)

Rus4u, Apr 7, 2021
  2. kps-uk Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Hi,

I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows
    10, I did not pay for the upgrade and did not receive a licence key.

1. If I go to the Windows 10 download tool and select install with the 'keep Nothing during the upgrade' option, will I require a licence key?
    2. Can I build the laptop from scratch if it was originally a Visa machine or will I need to step from Vista to 8.1 to 10?
    Regards

Keith

kps-uk, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 7, 2021
  4. I need to remove my licence key due to hardware upgrade

Upgrade licence key to WIN10 online

Hi,

I installed WIN10 Pro Preview a couple of month ago to my step father computer. The Preview is getting to expiration and I try to make him upgrade to WIN10 (hard thing cause I'm not living in the same country as him).

The thing is, when he try to install WIN10 with the installer tool and try to enter the licence under his computer which is initially for WIN7 it doesn't work.

So I guess the best thing would be to install WIN7 back and upgrade but sounds not like the simpliest thing.

Is there a way to upgrade the licence key online ? Or can we call the support for software to ask them to upgrade the key ?

ThiebaNono, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

I need to remove my licence key due to hardware upgrade

1. I need to remove my licence key due to hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - need remove licence

2. I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...: windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-a-new-upgrade-kit-and-it-removed-my/82adeeb7-64c3-4818-91e6-05fedd019a81
  3. I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...: windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-a-new-upgrade-kit-and-it-removed-my/82adeeb7-64c3-4818-91e6-05fedd019a81
  4. product key needed after hardware upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key needed after hardware upgrade?: I do not have the original product key this was a store-bought computer from over 15 years ago. This is the second time I've upgraded my Hardware from the originally purchased computer. I had no issues after the first hardware upgrade.I've already gone to Home >Settings...
  5. product key needed after hardware upgrade?

product key needed after hardware upgrade?: I do not have the original product key this was a store-bought computer from over 15 years ago. This is the second time I've upgraded my Hardware from the originally purchased computer. I had no issues after the first hardware upgrade.I've already gone to Home >Settings...
  6. product key needed after hardware upgrade?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Do I need to upgrade my hardware or software?

Do I need to upgrade my hardware or software?: Please tell me how to update my computer hardware or software. I am just starting on this journey to develop Android Apps using Android studio. While running the Android Studio Setup Wizard, it concluded with this error: Unable to install Intel® HAXM Unknown Error Please file...
  8. Do I need to upgrade my hardware or software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to upgrade my hardware or software?: Please tell me how to update my computer hardware or software. I am just starting on this journey to develop Android Apps using Android studio. While running the Android Studio Setup Wizard, it concluded with this error: Unable to install Intel® HAXM Unknown Error Please file...
  9. Do I need to upgrade my hardware or software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I want my licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want my licence key: I want my licence key because my acer laptop motherboard has been dead. I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and it was digital licence retail one. I want my product key so that i can install on my Dell Inspiron laptop. And when my laptop was in working condition so I forgot to...