Windows 10: I need to remove the following driver to run memory integrity

Discus and support I need to remove the following driver to run memory integrity in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to remove the following driver: wdcsam64_prewin8.sys from my system. I am not a computer genus so simple answers please. I called Western... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by karlschluth, Sep 30, 2022.

1. I need to remove the following driver to run memory integrity

I need to remove the following driver: wdcsam64_prewin8.sys from my system. I am not a computer genus so simple answers please. I called Western Digital and they were no help. I need to disable this so I can turn on memory intergrity.

:)

karlschluth, Sep 30, 2022
  2. koray77 Win User

Windows 10 - Memory Integrity - Incompatible Drivers

Good day all,

Please could someone advise how I might identify and safely remove/disable/update the following incompatible drivers, so that memory integrity can be re-enabled.

The incompatible drivers are as follows;
    - ftdibus.sys
    - wdcsam64_prewin8.sys
    - PxHIpa64.sys
    - SaiH0C2D.sys
    - tib.sys

Autoruns lists nearly all of these files however I have not used this utility before, so thought it's best I ask first.

Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated!

Windows Ver.: Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.870

Many thanks,
    Koray

- - - Updated - - -

Bump!

koray77, Sep 30, 2022
  3. koray77 Win User
    Windows 10 - Memory Integrity - Incompatible Drivers

Hi Kurnn,

I haven't tried deleting the files as of yet because I need my laptop for work, and I don't want to risk causing any stability issues in the meantime.

It's all a bit puzzling because my memory integrity setting was enabled before I intentionally disabled it for 64-bit virtualisation.

I'm also sure the drivers listed above were present whilst Memory Integrity was enabled before. I suspect there will be no conflict when I get the setting re-enabled. Could there be a solution which involves temporarily disabling the drivers so my system doesn't detect them whilst I re-enable memory integrity?

Autoruns lists each driver with a checkbox alongside, but disabling them had no effect, and my system still detects the conflicting drivers.

I appreciate the suggestion, but could there be another way, before I resort to deleting system files?

Thanks!

koray77, Sep 30, 2022
  4. I need to remove the following driver to run memory integrity

Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run if "incompatible drivers" prevent that?

Recently Windows 11 Security began notifying me that Device Security needs action: Memory Integrity (in Core Isolation) cannot be turned on because of three "incompatible drivers." All three drives were installed from my ZTE Android phone. ZTE cannot provide updated drivers.

1. Is not running Memory Integrity really risky?
    2. What would happen if I deleted the three specific drivers?
    3. What are the drivers incompatible with anyway?

Not sure why this warning just started, as I have had the phone for several years without any issues.

Thank you.

EricOlson8, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

I need to remove the following driver to run memory integrity

1. I need to remove the following driver to run memory integrity - Similar Threads - need remove following

2. I removed incompatible drivers. I verified virtualization is enabled. Memory Integrity will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I removed incompatible drivers. I verified virtualization is enabled. Memory Integrity will...: I removed incompatible drivers. I verified virtualization is enabled. Memory Integrity will not turn on. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-incompatible-drivers-i-verified/fcef71aa-4a21-4666-8a12-5be5706bc4a0
  3. I removed incompatible drivers. I verified virtualization is enabled. Memory Integrity will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I removed incompatible drivers. I verified virtualization is enabled. Memory Integrity will...: I removed incompatible drivers. I verified virtualization is enabled. Memory Integrity will not turn on. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-incompatible-drivers-i-verified/fcef71aa-4a21-4666-8a12-5be5706bc4a0
  4. To enable Microsoft memory integrity, I need to update four drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To enable Microsoft memory integrity, I need to update four drivers: Memory integrity is disabled with core isolation, and when I select the enable option, it gives me a list of drivers i need to update to enable the option I have checked windows update, and everything is up to date.I then snooped around a bit found the file location for one...
  5. To enable Microsoft memory integrity, I need to update four drivers

To enable Microsoft memory integrity, I need to update four drivers: Memory integrity is disabled with core isolation, and when I select the enable option, it gives me a list of drivers i need to update to enable the option I have checked windows update, and everything is up to date.I then snooped around a bit found the file location for one...
  6. To enable Microsoft memory integrity, I need to update four drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I need to remove the following driver to run memory integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to remove the following driver to run memory integrity: I need to remove the following driver: wdcsam64_prewin8.sys from my system. I am not a computer genus so simple answers please. I called Western Digital and they were no help. I need to disable this so I can turn on memory intergrity....
  8. remove brother printer driver to reactivate memory integrity

remove brother printer driver to reactivate memory integrity: Hi everyone,Thanks so much for reading. I noticed a notification on my laptop recently, saying that the memory integrity is turned off. Want to turn it on it said that it would be unable to do so due to an incompatible driver. The driver in question appears to be one for my...
  9. remove brother printer driver to reactivate memory integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove brother printer driver to reactivate memory integrity: Hi everyone,Thanks so much for reading. I noticed a notification on my laptop recently, saying that the memory integrity is turned off. Want to turn it on it said that it would be unable to do so due to an incompatible driver. The driver in question appears to be one for my...
  10. Windows 10 - Memory Integrity - Incompatible Drivers Removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Memory Integrity - Incompatible Drivers Removal: Hello all, Please advise how I might identify and safely remove/disable/update the following incompatible drivers, so that memory integrity can be enabled. The incompatible drivers are as follows; - ftdibus.sys - wdcsam64_prewin8.sys - PxHIpa64.sys - SaiH0C2D.sys -...