Windows 10: I Need to rename this photo in E drive and rename does NOT work

Discus and support I Need to rename this photo in E drive and rename does NOT work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I rename a file that was sent to an E file. AND if I use edit, it automatically sends me to edit in paint???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BeverlyCampbell1, Aug 11, 2019 at 2:17 PM.

1. I Need to rename this photo in E drive and rename does NOT work

How do I rename a file that was sent to an E file. AND if I use edit, it automatically sends me to edit in paint???

:)

BeverlyCampbell1, Aug 11, 2019 at 2:17 PM

2. renaming photos imported into windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to rename the photos through file explorer?

• Do you receive any error message when you try to rename the photos?

If you are trying to rename the photos before being imported to Windows 10, please be informed that you will have to first import the photos and then rename it later. I would suggest you to try renaming the photos through file explorer by following
    the steps below and check if fit helps.

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click “this pc” on the left pane.

3. Open the folder/drive where the photos are located.

4. Right click on the photo which you would like to rename and select ‘rename”.

Also, refer the help article posted by Andre Da costa on how to import photos in Windows 10 for reference

Complete Guide to Importing Your Photos in Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 11, 2019 at 2:20 PM
  3. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Aug 11, 2019 at 2:20 PM
  4. amd5750m Win User

I Need to rename this photo in E drive and rename does NOT work

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Thema:

I Need to rename this photo in E drive and rename does NOT work

1. I Need to rename this photo in E drive and rename does NOT work - Similar Threads - Need rename photo

2. Renaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming: Hi, When I press F2 on my main PC, it highlights the file name and when I press the left arrow key. It instantly moves to the beginning of the file name. But on my recently purchased Surface Pro, when I press F2 and then the left arrow key, it just moves left by one...
  3. RENAME - HOW DO I INCREASE THE TIME TO RENAME A DOCUMENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RENAME - HOW DO I INCREASE THE TIME TO RENAME A DOCUMENT: RENAME HOW CAN I INCREASE THE TIME ON RENAMING A DOCUMENT. IT CUTS OFF BEFORE I FINISH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-how-do-i-increase-the-time-to-rename-a/c2773cb5-48c0-403e-aeee-654343950085
  4. Windows 10 Photo Folder Scrolling and Photo Renaming

Windows 10 Photo Folder Scrolling and Photo Renaming: When i scroll through my photo folders to the most recent it keeps jumping back to the oldest folder row! It's like there is a specific dwell time you are allowed before it goes back. When i try to rename a photo if it doesn't jump out of rename mode the changed text doesn't...
  5. internet renaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    internet renaming: how do I rename an internet network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-renaming/3468ee8f-f8ef-4d5e-a681-bdc6a241e0bc
  6. Cannot rename a photo

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot rename a photo: After downloading to desktop, I attempt to rename a photo file. Win10 not up to the task. This has happened repeatedly and I don't understand what's going on. Today after many attempts (rt clk on file - nothing happens), I thought if I rebooted it would clear out the problem....
  7. Renaming PC in Windows 10 does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming PC in Windows 10 does not work: Hi everyone, I'm new to Windows 10 and renamed my new PC in Settings - System - Device Specifications last September 15th, which is easy enough. It then said right after renaming it that the change would take effect after restart. It's been 3 days now, with many restarts...
  8. Can't rename my hard drives i think?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't rename my hard drives i think?: Yea this is strange i tried renaming my 500 GB SSD i just popped in, i have total ownership administrator rights, BUT when i right click select properties type in new name Documents "msgbox you need permissions bla bla" press ok, BUT NO NAME CHANGE. hmm i tried my other hard...
  9. Renaming a drive

Renaming a drive: Hi. Still learning Win 10 ways! I have installed a WD My Book backup drive, and Win 10 gave it the designation of my "G" drive. How do I change from "G" to a different unused letter? Thanks for your help. 28654
  10. Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?: I was fumbling around inside a third party file explorer, and accidentally prompted the rename of the Users folder. I managed to avoid renaming it, but what would have happened if I had? Assuming you are running as administrator, does renaming the following folders prompt...