Windows 10: I need to replace Arial font with a different font file for a specific application. Is...

Discus and support I need to replace Arial font with a different font file for a specific application. Is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Subject says it all ... I have a specific app (a karaoke player) which is hardcoded to use Arial. I need to replace this with a different font... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nullrecord, Dec 22, 2019.

1. I need to replace Arial font with a different font file for a specific application. Is...

Subject says it all ... I have a specific app (a karaoke player) which is hardcoded to use Arial. I need to replace this with a different font supporting one of the legacy ways of mapping diacritic characters to ASCII. Anyway, the app doesn't allow to choose a font.

I've experimented with font substitution in the registry but I didn't get very far. And anyway I'd like to avoid mangling the Arial font system-wide.

I'd love a launcher which would run the app and transparently substitute arial.ttf to somethingelse.ttf.

Is there any such thing? Googling gave me nothing.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/nullrecord
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nullrecord, Dec 22, 2019
  2. igornaf Win User

Arial font issue

Arial font rendering issue after some W10 update.
    Occurrence: PDF files and all browsers.
    Arial font working OK in other applications. Settings > display > scale and layout 100%. "Adjust ClearType text" OK.
    Attached images: Left, friend's screen. Right, my screen.

I need to replace Arial font with a different font file for a specific application. Is... [​IMG]

I need to replace Arial font with a different font file for a specific application. Is... [​IMG]

igornaf, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Mejia_74 Win User
    Arial Font

Hi Sujata, the issue is with Edge and other programs, like Corel, but in Office the font appears well.

I already installed the pending updates and restart, but the issue continue. The problem is not with the font size, is with the kind of font, specifically Arial Font.

Thanks

Mejia_74, Dec 22, 2019
  4. I need to replace Arial font with a different font file for a specific application. Is...

Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Hi,

We are experiencing issue related to the way Windows handle Helvetica font when it is being used in the external files received. When we receive a Indesign file having Helvetica font it gets Swapped to the Arial font automatically on some workstations when
    we export the PDF file but on some workstations it did not.

We checked the settings of both workstations on which font swapping happen and where it did not, but we did not observe any difference. Also, we checked the Windows Registry entry at,

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes\

We did not observed any difference on both workstations and the Helvetica was mapped to Arial.

Can you please suggest that how to make the default substitution for ‘Helvetica’ font to be ‘Arial’ font windows. Please suggest the setting which will help us to auto substitute missing Helvetica Font with Arial front while exporting PDF from Indesign file.

We are using Windows 7 & Windows 10 machines.

Adobe InDesign version is CS5.5

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Regards,

Shashank

Shashank_ae, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

I need to replace Arial font with a different font file for a specific application. Is...

1. I need to replace Arial font with a different font file for a specific application. Is... - Similar Threads - need replace Arial

2. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  3. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  4. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  6. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  7. Arial font regular disappeared

Arial font regular disappeared: I have been having some issues with text displaying as italic, and I narrowed down the problem to the Arial font which is also a default font for programs like R and Outlook. In trying to fix this, I went to Settings > Fonts > Arial, and discovered that the Regular face...
  8. Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7: Hi, We are experiencing issue related to the way Windows handle Helvetica font when it is being used in the external files received. When we receive a Indesign file having Helvetica font it gets Swapped to the Arial font automatically on some workstations when we export the...
  9. Using different fonts in file name

Using different fonts in file name: Can I do what the picture below describes : Is there a utility that helps me do this? John 67943
  10. Arial font issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Arial font issue: Arial font rendering issue after some W10 update. Occurrence: PDF files and all browsers. Arial font working OK in other applications. Settings > display > scale and layout 100%. "Adjust ClearType text" OK. Attached images: Left, friend's screen. Right, my screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autocad font substitution

2. replace arial with different version windows 2016