Windows 10: I need to replace hard disk for my office computers it came with win 7 and i have...

Discus and support I need to replace hard disk for my office computers it came with win 7 and i have... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i want is to install win10 on new SSD hard disks then deploy these harddisks to their target pcs. need figure out a way to install win10 on a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hans19702, Apr 30, 2020.

1. hans19702 Win User

I need to replace hard disk for my office computers it came with win 7 and i have...

i want is to install win10 on new SSD hard disks then deploy these harddisks to their target pcs.

need figure out a way to install win10 on a new harddisk outside the target Pc. Then send that harddisk to the target Pc and activate win10. Reason for this is to upgrade many PCs without causing downtime to stores that must remain up.

:)

hans19702, Apr 30, 2020
  2. LarrieM Win User

Reinstalling Win 10 to a replacement hard drive

I have an HP Pavilon desktop which I upgraded to WIN 10 from WIN 7. The hard drive is starting to fail with a BIOHD-8 error.Before the drive fails I would like to create a set of restore or recovery disks so I can buy a new one terabyte drive to replace
    the current 750 gig drive and reinstall the current version of Win 10. Will creating an ISO disk image work if I used a one terabyte external USB to create the image and then replaced the drive and copied the image back? I'd like to use a set of DVD to create
    an image or recovery drive so I wouldn't have to "waste" the external Hard drive. The steps in Control panel create a Windows System Repair Disk and a System Image but it says its for WIN 7. What am I missing? Seems that the system image created for DVDs (64
    bit) would occupy 14.37 gig or four DVDs.

Help

LarrieM, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Problems with disk drive on DELL Inspiron Computer i560-3102MNK uses Windows 7 and has 6GB Memory with 1TB Hard drive

Hello Kelly,

It is possible that the issue could be hardware-related. We'd like to know if the hard drive is still being detected from the BIOS or Disk Management. To access Disk management, please follow the steps below:

1. From the Start Menu, right-click on the Computer icon and choose Manage from the context menu.
    2. Click on Disk Management, which appears in the left-hand side under the heading Storage.
    3. The list of the hard drives available is now be visible in the center of the window.

If you're able to find the hard disk from the list, you can try to create a partition on your hard disk. Please refer to this link:
    Create a partition on a Windows 7 Hard Disk.

If you're unable to find the hard drive, it is possible that the hard drive is failing. I suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Apr 30, 2020
  4. 154Neil Win User

I need to replace hard disk for my office computers it came with win 7 and i have...

Hard Disk Failure - Reinstall Win 10

My laptop PC came with Win 7 and I upgraded a long time ago to Win 10. The hard disk has now failed and I need to replace the hard drive. Since this is a laptop and I really don't have any need to move the laptop, I would like to know to know if I can
    just get an external hard drive and install Win 10 for this PC and boot from the hard drive.

If I can use an external hard drive, please tell me if any USB hard drive will work and how do I install Win 10 on the external hard drive (I have other PCs with Win 10 ).

PS: I tried recovery, etc and it all failed.

154Neil, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. I need to replace hard disk for my office computers it came with win 7 and i have... - Similar Threads - need replace hard

2. Do I need to deactivate windows and office before I replace my faulty hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to deactivate windows and office before I replace my faulty hard drive?: Hi AllI would like to reinstall windows on the same pc just with a new hard disk. Do I need to deactivate windows and office before I change hard drives?Thank you....
  3. Do I need to deactivate windows and office before I replace my faulty hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to deactivate windows and office before I replace my faulty hard drive?: Hi AllI would like to reinstall windows on the same pc just with a new hard disk. Do I need to deactivate windows and office before I change hard drives?Thank you....
  4. Do I need to deactivate windows and office before I replace my faulty hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10: Have to replace hard disk hard disk goes bad if I keep my system off for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Have to replace hard disk hard disk goes bad if I keep my system off for a...: Hi,I have a Windows 10 HP laptops. I switched it off for a month because I didn't need it. I switched it on after a month and within a few days the hard disk of the system crashed and went bad.I had to replace the hard disk of the system.This looks like a big major problem.I...
  6. Windows 10: Have to replace hard disk hard disk goes bad if I keep my system off for a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Have to replace hard disk hard disk goes bad if I keep my system off for a...: Hi,I have a Windows 10 HP laptops. I switched it off for a month because I didn't need it. I switched it on after a month and within a few days the hard disk of the system crashed and went bad.I had to replace the hard disk of the system.This looks like a big major problem.I...
  7. Windows 10: Have to replace hard disk hard disk goes bad if I keep my system off for a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace: New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-win-10-how-to-install-win-7-with/d1fc2fc3-5532-4779-9b3d-58634aa19bf4
  9. I need to replace my hard disk drive on my laptop. What's the best one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to replace my hard disk drive on my laptop. What's the best one?: I'm not too computer hardware savvy, but I do get the gist of it all. I'd made a post here a while back about my laptop being slow and a couple of people said it was my HDD crapping out and I need a new one. At first, I tried backing everything up on an external hard drive...
  10. Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall: I had my computer for 3 years now and the hard drive went bad I don't have the product key will I need to buy one or is there some way of recovering it.Found out the hard drive went bad after I was doing a factory reset and it said it encountered a error and it never worked...