Windows 10: I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT

Discus and support I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm locked out of my laptop. I'm using windows-10. Is there a workaround? Ronald DeFoor 832-437-7801... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonaldDeFoor, Jul 15, 2020.

1. I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT

I'm locked out of my laptop. I'm using windows-10.

Is there a workaround?

Ronald DeFoor

832-437-7801

:)

RonaldDeFoor, Jul 15, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer

Helping users to reset / crack Windows sign-in credentials is a difficult and controversial topic. We wouldn't want to, and it wouldn't be right to assist people to get into other users accounts.

In your case the first thing I noticed when reading your post was the highlighted part in above quote. It simply can't be true that you set up a picture password without knowing your password; to set up a picture password you must first verify you are the account owner by entering your password:

I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT [​IMG]

My suggestion is that to sign in to Windows you use the same password you had to know and use when you created the picture password.

4. I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT

Locked out of the computer, need to reset the administrator password in Windows 10.

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Are you logging in using Microsoft account?
    • How did you get locked out from your PC?
    • Did you make any recent changes in the account settings?

If you are using Microsoft account to login, I suggest you to reset the password from the link below and check if you are able to login into your user profile.

Reset your password

If you have changed your user login password, I suggest you to enter the password and check if are able to login into your user profile.

The issue you are facing with is unclear to assist you further. Please write back to us with the detailed description of the issue you are facing with to assist you further regarding the same.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT

1. I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT - Similar Threads - NEED RESET COMPUTER

2. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  3. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked and reset password: Dear Sir / Madam my computer is locked and due to the phone verification fail system error and email verification fail as above message . could you help to expedite the progress ? as one month quite long and my computer contain a lot importation data appreciated your great...
  4. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked and reset password: Dear Sir / Madam my computer is locked and due to the phone verification fail system error and email verification fail as above message . could you help to expedite the progress ? as one month quite long and my computer contain a lot importation data appreciated your great...
  5. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. locked out of factory reset computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of factory reset computer: I did a factory reset on my computer to remove my personal data before giving the laptop away. After the final reboot it asked me for a password for default user. So my account is gone, but there's still a password, even with no account. How do I get in, and how do I...
  7. Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly: I cannot get into my desktop computer since I typed my password incorrectly too many times. What can I do now to get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-computer-typed-password/fb190f9c-3923-4a5c-8e8a-01551ce51b87
  8. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  9. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...
  10. No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer: I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my account from Local to MS. Of course, using KeePass, we created a secure account with an unknown password. Locked out!...