Windows 10: I need to reset the password for a laptop

Discus and support I need to reset the password for a laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My grandfather passed away and we need to go thru all of his stuff and we think there might be some stuff thats of importance on his windows 10 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Topaztik, Jun 7, 2020.

1. I need to reset the password for a laptop

My grandfather passed away and we need to go thru all of his stuff and we think there might be some stuff thats of importance on his windows 10 laptop and I dont know how to get the password.

submitted by /u/Topaztik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Topaztik, Jun 7, 2020

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Jun 7, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 7, 2020
  4. I need to reset the password for a laptop

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

I need to reset the password for a laptop

1. I need to reset the password for a laptop - Similar Threads - need reset password

2. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reset my laptop: So my laptop was running really slow so I decided to reset it. When it was done, it turned onto the loging screen except it seems to remember me. However when I try to log in, it says I need to set up my pin and when I try to do that it says "the user profile service failed...
  3. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to reset my laptop: So my laptop was running really slow so I decided to reset it. When it was done, it turned onto the loging screen except it seems to remember me. However when I try to log in, it says I need to set up my pin and when I try to do that it says "the user profile service failed...
  4. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I need to reset my laptop

I need to reset my laptop: I need to reset my laptop however Im afraid I would lose my Onedrive storage. Can somebody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reset-my-laptop/c45ccacf-b3d3-42a7-a5dd-05f850faa11b
  6. Password reset on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password reset on a laptop: Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly their photos of their memories. Is there any way I could unlock at least the administrator password so she can save those...
  7. Password reset on a laptop

Password reset on a laptop: Hello,One of our friend passed away and his laptop is not accessible for his wife. They had account information and emails there and most importantly their photos of their memories. Is there any way I could unlock at least the administrator password so she can save those...
  8. Password reset on a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Laptop password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop password reset: I forgot my laptop password because it's long since I accessed it, how can I reset the password without my data getting lost?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-password-reset/b50c39ed-b1a7-4731-9a08-7b872d360899
  10. Password reset for laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset for laptop: After a recent windows update i get an error saying "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device". The sad part is i don't remember my password also, to use it as a sign-in option. Can anyone help me out I'm locked out of my own PC....