Windows 10: I need to return a game

Discus and support I need to return a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so i recently downloaded minecraft windows 10 but i accidentally bought it on the wrong account and i really need to refund it for it was 44 CAD how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by taliahnaicken, May 9, 2020.

1. I need to return a game

so i recently downloaded minecraft windows 10 but i accidentally bought it on the wrong account and i really need to refund it for it was 44 CAD how can i do so

:)

taliahnaicken, May 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Return a game purchased accidentally

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to return a game, I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

You can easily request for a return by signing in to the Order history page and then select
    Request a return for the order. For more information, I would suggest you to refer the instructions in the article on
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund.

You can also track the refund request online. Refer the article on
    Get the status of your return and refund from Microsoft Store.

However, for any subscription or refund related queries, we do have a dedicated team, let me point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Microsoft Store Support team and they will help you in returning the purchase.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 9, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 9, 2020
  4. I need to return a game

Angela Pun, May 9, 2020
Thema:

I need to return a game

1. I need to return a game - Similar Threads - need return game

2. Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.: Hi. Earlier this week I purchased a USB copy of Windows 11 that was to be sent to my PO Box. Nothing in the order told me it couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box, but upon tracking it, I found it was returned to sender on Wednesday. It currently says they are attempting to obtain...
  3. Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.: Hi. Earlier this week I purchased a USB copy of Windows 11 that was to be sent to my PO Box. Nothing in the order told me it couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box, but upon tracking it, I found it was returned to sender on Wednesday. It currently says they are attempting to obtain...
  4. I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...: i need to return a Windows 10 desktop where the computer apparently has memory issues and shuts down at random times. I have saved passwords in my browser, and have used my pin and email address for administrator account---all of which I want removed before I send it back.I...
  5. I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...

I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...: i need to return a Windows 10 desktop where the computer apparently has memory issues and shuts down at random times. I have saved passwords in my browser, and have used my pin and email address for administrator account---all of which I want removed before I send it back.I...
  6. Need to return Windows 11 laptop

Need to return Windows 11 laptop: I need to return a Windows 11 laptop that I recently purchased. How do I remove all of my personal data from the laptop but retain all data that was initially loaded pre-purchase? I also need to permanently disconnect it from my Microsoft account and OneDrive. I've tried...
  7. Need to return Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to return Windows 11 laptop: I need to return a Windows 11 laptop that I recently purchased. How do I remove all of my personal data from the laptop but retain all data that was initially loaded pre-purchase? I also need to permanently disconnect it from my Microsoft account and OneDrive. I've tried...
  8. Returning Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Returning Games: I accidentally bought a Xbox only game on Windows 10 Store and I don't own an Xbox. I went to try and refund it and as soon as I tried to hit the refund button it takes me to Xbox Support where I'm literally just stuck with a loading symbol and nothing else. I tried looking...
  9. Return a game purchased accidentally

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return a game purchased accidentally: How do I return a game I accidentally bought? ***Modified title from: Return*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-a-game-purchased-accidentally/8475b070-ad91-4c0d-aed7-4bea24e38872
  10. Need To Return To Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need To Return To Windows 7 Home: I have really no good reason to hate Windows 10, but, I get frustrated trying to deal with 10. I would guess it would take time to get real involved in using the new Windows 10. I loved Windows 7, and know how it's operates and to deal with any issues. So, here I am three or...