Windows 10: I need to search for specific words in File Explorer

Discus and support I need to search for specific words in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to search for two specific words ("ocean glass"). When I search on these two words I get a plethora of hits, none of which contain my short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Judi Moore, Jan 31, 2019.

1. I need to search for specific words in File Explorer

I need to search for two specific words ("ocean glass").

When I search on these two words I get a plethora of hits, none of which contain my short word string. What am I doing wrong, please?

:)

Judi Moore, Jan 31, 2019

2. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

I have to find a document(.docx format) containing a specific word by using the search options from the file explorer.
    eg: I wish to find a word containing the word "thank you" within my documents from file explorer. I have lots of document in that format on my PC. Anyone, please help me out.
    email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Sharooq Iqbal, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Why am I unable to search the contents of my files for a specific word in Windows 10?

Hi Lyn,

To better understand the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Were you trying to search using Cortana or File Explorer?
    • What specific word were you trying to search?
    • Was there an error message?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, Jan 31, 2019
  4. sfcsfcsfc Win User

I need to search for specific words in File Explorer

File search types in the Windows 10 file explorer search (using words)

Hi

I am trying to find out how I can search for specific files from the File Explorer.

So far, I have found out that you can search for files with specific names if you type "name:<name>" into the search input field.

Were can I find a list of the verbose search commands i.e. a list of the words+column character I should use to search files by other properties than their name?

For example, what should I type if I am trying to list files by file type:

filetype:<whatever>

or

type:<whatever>

or what?

I know that there is a Search toolbar, but I would like to just type the search into the search field to speed up the process. Also, I do not wish to use Cortana et al. I'd just like to use plain simple verbose search....

Thanks

sfcsfcsfc, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

I need to search for specific words in File Explorer

1. I need to search for specific words in File Explorer - Similar Threads - need search specific

2. How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...: Searching in Windows Explorer for files containing specific words or phrases seems to work only for Microsoft files. I need to search SPSS syntax files for where I've used a specific command. These files are simple text files yet a search for a common word such as "Save"...
  3. How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...: Searching in Windows Explorer for files containing specific words or phrases seems to work only for Microsoft files. I need to search SPSS syntax files for where I've used a specific command. These files are simple text files yet a search for a common word such as "Save"...
  4. Searching for a specific phrase >1000 in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for a specific phrase >1000 in file explorer: Hi there, thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I am trying to search for the phrase ">1000" in 1000's of word documents. If I search for >1000 or even just the > symbol in the file contents it brings up almost every document listed. Is this because the search...
  5. Searching for a specific phrase >1000 in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching for a specific phrase >1000 in file explorer: Hi there, thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I am trying to search for the phrase ">1000" in 1000's of word documents. If I search for >1000 or even just the > symbol in the file contents it brings up almost every document listed. Is this because the search...
  6. Searching for specific group of words in html file in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for specific group of words in html file in Windows Explorer: Back again to the fountain of experience. I'm trying to find "currently no text" in files in one folder. I know there to be many files containing that exact phrase in this folder. I've gone into Settings/Search Options/Advanced and checked "Index File Properties and...
  7. searching for a specific string in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    searching for a specific string in File Explorer: I used to have lots of MP3 files on my network drive that began with "01)." or "02)." etc. I have converted most of them to begin "01" or "02" etc. but now I would like to do a search or "01)." to find any I may have missed but when I search for that it gives me all...
  8. Searching specific files using File Explorer

Searching specific files using File Explorer: a) search for dedicated folders e.g. music folders using explorer. b)speed up the awful win 10 search engine so I do not have to look at an expanding ribbon for what seems ages. Thank you, I very much hope I will not be directed to starting windows with a clean boot and...
  9. File Explorer will no longer search for words in files

File Explorer will no longer search for words in files: I had automatic updates on, but clearly the computer didn't automatically update. File explorer is no longer finding words in files. I've processed all the updates from January to now, but File Explorer search is still broken. I really need that search to work to be able to...
  10. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer: I have to find a document(.docx format) containing a specific word by using the search options from the file explorer. eg: I wish to find a word containing the word "thank you" within my documents from file explorer. I have lots of document in that format on my PC. Anyone,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer search for two words

2. how to search a specific phrase in window explorer

3. search for words in word document from file explorer

4. search file exploerer for specific word,
  5. SEARCHING FOR SPECIFIC WORDS IN WORD DOCUMENTS IN FILE EXPLORER,
  6. file explorer Search two words,
  7. how to search specific words in file explorer,
  8. explorer search for specific criteria,
  9. search for specific words in file explorer,
  10. search for a specific document in file explorer