Windows 10: I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times.

Discus and support I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a computer system that is used for security and its output is connected to an HDMI over LAN box which is connected to 4 other monitors. As it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cosgrach, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Cosgrach Win User

I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times.

I have a computer system that is used for security and its output is connected to an HDMI over LAN box which is connected to 4 other monitors. As it is right now the PC is set to have the monitor on 24 hours a day and the PC must be on 24/7 for monitoring and recording the video feeds, however, the other monitors around the office must be turned on and off manually. The problem is that people often forget to turn them off, so I'd like to shedule them to turn off during the evening times when one one is in the office and back on before anyone arrives in the morning. I cannot use sleep or hybernation.

I found a Powershell script which can turn off the monitors and I can schedule that to run in the evenings, however, I cannot find anything to automattically turn them back on without user interaction. The Security PC is locked in the IT room and I'd rather not have people going in there to wake the PC's monitors.

:)

Cosgrach, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Dude Win User

Monitor waking from sleep

I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown?

I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times. [​IMG]

Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen with my old monitor

3. Stavros Win User
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on. I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, graphic card driver updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, turning off Link State Power Management ,making sure the keyboard or the mouse are able to wake the computer in settings, etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?
    An additional problem is that I cannot even save some new settings in my motherboard. Somehow the settings return to the default settings and the problem remains. The PC purchased brand new almost 4 months ago.

CPU Intel Core i5 8600k 3.60GHz
    Graphic Card (integrated): Intel ® UHD Graphics 630
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Could you please provide any suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stavros, Feb 19, 2019
  4. I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times.

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times.

1. I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times. - Similar Threads - need set monitor

2. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  3. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  4. Sleep time set and wake up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep time set and wake up?: I know Windows 10 users can go into power settings and change when PC goes to sleep afterBut is there a way to tell Windows 10 when exactly to put my PC to sleep and when to wake itself up? not only selecting time but days, an example for me would be:Sleep: 1:00am Everyday...
  5. Set time wake Windows from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set time wake Windows from sleep: Hi, I was searching about a way to set a time o wake my PC from sleep, but only found a bunch of links about creating a new Task with privileges to turn On and open a cmd. Some time in, I found this shell for Ubuntu: https://github.com/bagustris/suspend_until This is...
  6. Monitor Wakes after sleep

Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  7. My second monitor will not wake from sleep half of the time

My second monitor will not wake from sleep half of the time: Lately my computer struggles to sleep. There are 2 issues. 1 After being asleep for 3-5 mins my PC just comes on, fans and lights start up and it sounds like it's working on something. screens stay dark. I can't figure out if there's a background process or something. The...
  8. Monitor will not wake from sleep

Monitor will not wake from sleep: I have tried many fixes found on the internet,i have changed setting after setting,created numerous power plans,tried different display port cables,i have a dell alienware 34 inch monitor,I9 9900k,asus rog maximus xi code mobo, evga ftw 2080 ti hybrid,corsair 64 gb 3200 MHz...
  9. Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem: On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course,...
  10. Monitor waking from sleep

Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...