Windows 10: I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

Discus and support I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account, and I'm at the stage where it asks for the computer password. However, I've set up a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AmyWang_39, Jul 28, 2020.

1. I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

I am trying to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account, and I'm at the stage where it asks for the computer password. However, I've set up a PIN and I've been using a PIN for roughly a year now. Is there any way to recover the password without resetting the computer? I do know my PIN, I've just forgotten my password. I'm also pretty sure I didn't set up security questions.

:)

AmyWang_39, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

I forgot my password for my laptop so I connected with my tablet and phone

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

Are you using a Microsoft account to login to Laptop?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method: Reset Password.

Perform the steps listed to Reset
    your Microsoft account password.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I forgot the password to open windows on my laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you enter password?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Which account are you using?

I suggest you to reset the password again and check if it helps.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Refer the link why can't you sign in?

Reset your password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 28, 2020
  4. PJLLB Win User

I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

Sign into your Microsoft account. There should be a "devices" tab towards the right. Open that tab and remove the device from the list. Also, change your Microsoft account password as recomended.

PJLLB, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

1. I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my... - Similar Threads - need sign laptop

2. I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.: I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.... The Phone Number i used when i created the account i no longer have.... I have several purchases games movies on the account.... Can you send the security code to my microsoft account email *** Email address is removed for...
  3. I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.: I forgot my password to my Microsoft Account.... The Phone Number i used when i created the account i no longer have.... I have several purchases games movies on the account.... Can you send the security code to my microsoft account email *** Email address is removed for...
  4. I forgot my windows hello password and i need to sign in to my Microsoft account on my new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my windows hello password and i need to sign in to my Microsoft account on my new...: I forgot my windows hello password and i need to sign in to my Microsoft account on my new laptop knowing that i know my Microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-windows-hello-password-and-i-need-to/ff128438-4957-4fed-b4f2-b9b5f570b098
  5. I forgot my windows hello password and i need to sign in to my Microsoft account on my new...

I forgot my windows hello password and i need to sign in to my Microsoft account on my new...: I forgot my windows hello password and i need to sign in to my Microsoft account on my new laptop knowing that i know my Microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-windows-hello-password-and-i-need-to/ff128438-4957-4fed-b4f2-b9b5f570b098
  6. I forgot my windows hello password and i need to sign in to my Microsoft account on my new...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. i forgot my Microsoft account password

i forgot my Microsoft account password: hello! i looked up how to reset my Microsoft account password and i got the message says We need to verify your identityHow would you like to get your security code? and click on email option and i got this message again says We just sent a code to *** Email address is...
  8. i forgot my Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i forgot my Microsoft account password: hello! i looked up how to reset my Microsoft account password and i got the message says We need to verify your identityHow would you like to get your security code? and click on email option and i got this message again says We just sent a code to *** Email address is...
  9. i forgot my Microsoft account password

10. I forgot my microsoft account password

I forgot my microsoft account password: I have two account in Microsoft i know this account's password but i forgot my second account password and i have applied thousands of time in forgot password section but it always show "theinformation you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your accountownership"...