Windows 10: I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

Discus and support I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account, and I'm at the stage where it asks for the computer password. However, I've set up a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AmyWang_39, Jul 28, 2020.

1. I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

I am trying to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account, and I'm at the stage where it asks for the computer password. However, I've set up a PIN and I've been using a PIN for roughly a year now. Is there any way to recover the password without resetting the computer? I do know my PIN, I've just forgotten my password. I'm also pretty sure I didn't set up security questions.

:)

AmyWang_39, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

I forgot my password for my laptop so I connected with my tablet and phone

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

Are you using a Microsoft account to login to Laptop?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method: Reset Password.

Perform the steps listed to Reset
    your Microsoft account password.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I forgot the password to open windows on my laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you enter password?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Which account are you using?

I suggest you to reset the password again and check if it helps.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Refer the link why can't you sign in?

Reset your password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 28, 2020
  4. PJLLB Win User

I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

Sign into your Microsoft account. There should be a "devices" tab towards the right. Open that tab and remove the device from the list. Also, change your Microsoft account password as recomended.

PJLLB, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

1. I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my... - Similar Threads - need sign laptop

2. I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do?: I forgot my password to sign in to a laptop that I haven’t signed into in a long time. The hint doesn’t help and I my answers to the security questions are somehow incorrect. I’ve tried troubleshooting and there’s nothing I can do because everything seems to require my user...
  3. I Forgot my Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I Forgot my Password: what do i do if the admin on my computer doesn't know his password ? [Original Title: help] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password/43a6e80d-05c2-42c1-9716-279296f84881
  4. I forgot my password

I forgot my password: Hello Microsoft, İ forgot my password i cant log in. Please help i dont want to delete my files.Please help it been a long time that i didnt have my pc thats why i forgot it please help...
  5. I forgot my password

I forgot my password: I forgot my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password/4ec2d0ef-6762-450f-ba4d-6be4ba3e02c5
  6. I forgot my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I forgot my password: I forgot my password hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password/0092ac5b-0d02-4b3a-9301-b5715a8556f2
  7. I forgot my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my account: So I forgot my account that I made a few years ago when I wanted to redeem my free edition of Minecraft Windows 10 for buying Java Edition. I had no other emails or phone numbers linked to the account, so I don't know what to do. I've tried all the recovery options but to no...
  8. Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?: In my laptop, my Microsoft Account is linked to the Windows 10 installed. I would like to Sign in (either from being Locked, restart or shut down) using a different alpha-numeric password than my Microsoft Password. Can this be done?...
  9. I forgot my laptop's password since I use a picture password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my laptop's password since I use a picture password: I've been using a picture password for a few months, so I thought I would change it. The problem is I don't remember my laptop's password and the hint isn't enough. I've tried resetting the password, but I only managed to reset my Microsoft login. I'd like to know if there's...
  10. I forgot my password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I forgot my password: I use Asus laptop X205T run in win10 but now i have blue screen it call Driver Overran Stack Buffee i try to boot in SAFE MODE but I forgot my user password because in normal I usually use pin to login I try to change password on my Microsoft account but it doesn't work and I...