Windows 10: I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an...

Discus and support I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My credit card was charged by microsoft and I did not authorize any charges or purchase anything from microsoft. If I don't get an explanation shortly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GlendaCopeland1, May 28, 2021.

1. I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an...

My credit card was charged by microsoft and I did not authorize any charges or purchase anything from microsoft. If I don't get an explanation shortly I will report it as fraud to my credit card company.

:)

GlendaCopeland1, May 28, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 28, 2021
  3. Charging stuck at 70%

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 28, 2021
  4. I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an...

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, May 28, 2021
Thema:

I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an...

1. I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an... - Similar Threads - need speak someone

2. i need to speak to someone at microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i need to speak to someone at microsoft: I need to speak to someone at microsoft about a payment that has been going out of my account monthly but I cant tie it up to any invoices for microsoft. I need a telephone number...
  3. i need to speak to someone at microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to speak to someone at microsoft: I need to speak to someone at microsoft about a payment that has been going out of my account monthly but I cant tie it up to any invoices for microsoft. I need a telephone number...
  4. i need to speak to someone at microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I need to speak with someone about a charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to speak with someone about a charge: I need to speak to someone about a charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-speak-with-someone-about-a-charge/540bdaa3-4e10-486c-a521-2b9dd0b86007
  6. I need to speak with someone about a charge

I need to speak with someone about a charge: I need to speak to someone about a charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-speak-with-someone-about-a-charge/540bdaa3-4e10-486c-a521-2b9dd0b86007
  7. I need to speak with someone at Microsoft

I need to speak with someone at Microsoft: Why does Microsoft not provide help by phone. I am completely locked out of my laptop. I cannot reset my password for 24 hours it says, and account recovery says that my information does not match. What am I supposed to do if I cannot use the online help. I need to talk to a...
  8. I need to speak with someone at Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to speak with someone at Microsoft: Why does Microsoft not provide help by phone. I am completely locked out of my laptop. I cannot reset my password for 24 hours it says, and account recovery says that my information does not match. What am I supposed to do if I cannot use the online help. I need to talk to a...
  9. Charged for subsrciption I did not authorize

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Charged for subsrciption I did not authorize: I did not authorize a charge of $108.89 for a subscription to Microsoft office. Is there any way I can get my money back? - Rachel Mengden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charged-for-subsrciption-i-did-not-authorize/2a2a67ca-c542-4ac7-a994-d17e7a152317
  10. I need to speak to someone live about a scam that was I was just called for

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to speak to someone live about a scam that was I was just called for: A man just called me saying my pc was infected and that he was a tech from Microsoft and it was vital he gets into the pc to repair the issue. I told him MS does not call . He said this is the technical dept. and we did find an issue in your pc so we need to have you go...