Windows 10: I need to speak to someone live about a scam that was I was just called for

Discus and support I need to speak to someone live about a scam that was I was just called for in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A man just called me saying my pc was infected and that he was a tech from Microsoft and it was vital he gets into the pc to repair the issue. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlanaHoff, Jan 17, 2019.

1. AlanaHoff Win User

I need to speak to someone live about a scam that was I was just called for

A man just called me saying my pc was infected and that he was a tech from Microsoft and it was vital he gets into the pc to repair the issue. I told him MS does not call . He said this is the technical dept. and we did find an issue in your pc so we need to have you go to your computer. I refused and took the name on the phone down it was Barbara Kost phone number was 610-868-7479. Please notify the right people so this person is stopped from calling people with this scam. They seem to be using peoples names and calling to promote their scam. Call the authorities. Alana Hoff

:)

AlanaHoff, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Time Lady Win User

Scam calls

If there’s a phone number listed then you may be able to use the call block function of your phone to block the call.

If unknown number there still may be a way to block all calls between certain hours within your phone settings.

Are the calls arriving on your home phone or mobile?

Which brand of phone are you using? I’ll check.

If you answered the call did you allow them access to your PC or give them any bank or credit card details?

Unfortunately these scam calls are a nuisance, if they clam to be Microsoft then you can report them to MS.

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/microsoftsecur...

I hope this helps.

Time Lady, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. I need to speak to someone live about a scam that was I was just called for - Similar Threads - need speak someone

2. Scam call..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam call..: HAVE BEEN RECEIVING SEVERAL SCAM CALLS LATELY CLAIMING TO BE MICROSOFT AGENTS SAYING THAT MY COMPUTER IS AT RISK OF LOSING ALL OF MY INFORMATION AND THAT I NEED TO CALL THIS NUMBER IMMEDIATELY FOR UPDATES ON DRIVERS ETC. I HAVE TIRED TO CALL BACK BUT NO ONE EVER ANSWERS. THIS...
  3. I just need a phone number to talk with a live person about a payment confusion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I just need a phone number to talk with a live person about a payment confusion: I had a PC for about 6 year and continued to pay for WORD on it. This PC "died" in the last week of July and I purchased a new one from Amazon. I noticed when I set it up on 8/1/19 that there was a 5 day (I think it was 5) time when you could try out the package. Since...
  4. Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?

Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  5. Can I speak with someone about MS Office Suite (I just bought a new computer)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I speak with someone about MS Office Suite (I just bought a new computer): Can I speak with someone on the phone about MS Office Suite (I just bought a new computer) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-speak-with-someone-about-ms-office-suite-i/2bb956db-0ca0-4a32-baac-197e43963bcb"
  6. i need to speak to a person

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to speak to a person: I need to speak to a person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-speak-to-a-person/545cf477-2dca-4d4e-80c5-0176558a077f
  7. I need to speak with a person

I need to speak with a person: My computer has been hacked and my files are locked, I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-need-to-speak-with-a-person/81a81f5a-8aab-437c-a882-3e95f9c23dea
  8. Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft

Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft: I was scammed by someone with an email who I thought was Microsoft support. Do I post the details on this forum, or somewhere else ? I may have selected the wrong Topic and Category - nothing else seemed to fit this situation. thanks...
  9. Yesterday I called Microsoft about a possible scam on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yesterday I called Microsoft about a possible scam on my laptop.: I was connected to, I later found out, Cleveland Tech Solutions. After my computer was scrubbed of the malware, I was encouraged to buy their plan. Did I buy into another scam?...
  10. Scam calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scam calls: Can somebody out there help me PLEASE. The last two nights I have been woken by "this is Microsoft" . The calls came Wednesday 7/11/18 11:30p.m. and 7/12/18 12:15 a.m. Friday 7/13/18 at 12:00a.m. and 12:30 a.m. Help please...