Windows 10: i need to stay in th initial build

Discus and support i need to stay in th initial build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; the newer builds of windows 10 have large kernel level memory leaks and i end up going from 16 gigabytes of ram to 2 gigabytes of ram, because of those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andreasaspenber, Mar 20, 2023.

1. i need to stay in th initial build

the newer builds of windows 10 have large kernel level memory leaks and i end up going from 16 gigabytes of ram to 2 gigabytes of ram, because of those leaks. **moved to en-us locale**

:)

andreasaspenber, Mar 20, 2023
  2. BarbaricSoul, Mar 20, 2023
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Riprock45 Win User

i need to stay in th initial build

What is the difference between build 1511, and the initial build (July 2015)?

Thanks very much for your detailed reply, Andrea.

I have tried a couple of different configurations but the re-install still hangs. I'll follow some more of your suggestions, and try again later, when I've finished doing actual work on my computer.

I'm fairly computer savvy (I build my own), and my comp is running well. I'm just bemused about the build numbers.

I have build 10240, and windows update insists everything is up to date. I do NOT have build 1511 (10586).

Checking windows update history on the support website leads me to this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

There are two lists, one for 1511, and one for Windows Initial, which is what I have. Why are there two different lists, and what is the difference between them?

Thanks again,

Rip

Riprock45, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

i need to stay in th initial build

1. i need to stay in th initial build - Similar Threads - need stay initial

2. I need help initializing my external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help initializing my external drive: Whenever I try to initialize the hard drive I keep getting an error, I've followed the steps but I can't seem to initialize it. I've initialized it as GPT and MBR, I have a Lenovo F309, 1TBCould I please get some help...
  3. I need help initializing my external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help initializing my external drive: Whenever I try to initialize the hard drive I keep getting an error, I've followed the steps but I can't seem to initialize it. I've initialized it as GPT and MBR, I have a Lenovo F309, 1TBCould I please get some help...
  4. I need help initializing my external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screen of de…th

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of de…th: I saw a thread several years ago about a current problem. File:\Boot\BCD ERROR CODE Oxc000014c, what can I do as I have updated at the Microsoft store in 2015, have no disk or a way to make one...
  6. Download a initial build of the public windows version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download a initial build of the public windows version: I prefer the ESDElectronic Software Download download but for ISO it's similar.These first download's of a windows 10 version i could use:Windows 10, Version 2004 - 20H1 [Feb 2020] build 19041.84Windows 10, Version 1903 - 19H1 [April 2019] build 18362.30Windows 10, Version...
  7. Need the screensaver to turn on and stay on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need the screensaver to turn on and stay on: I can turn the screensaver on, but it turns off for some reason. Somebody suggested putting the monitor on a timer, but I would like to fix the screensaver. 181462
  8. I need to get my administrator status back Th

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need to get my administrator status back Th: Hi. I need to get my admin. status back after 2 yrs of being just a user bec. I followed someones advice. Please advise me if there`s a fairly easy way. Thanks much. r....
  9. New build will not stay off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New build will not stay off: I just finished another new build and my problem is if I try to use sleep or shut down from the start button it restarts immediately right back up again......I have built many PC's over the years but have never had this happen before.....I have went and shut down everything I...
  10. Upgrade to TH 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to TH 10240: I have upgraded 4 computers to windows 10, Three of them to 10240 successfully. My Lenovo Laptop however keeps rolling back to build 10166. I noticed that I was getting an indication of safe mode during the laptop upgrade but it seemed to be upgrading ok until about 19...