Windows 10: I need to switch accounts and transfer everything from one account to another

Discus and support I need to switch accounts and transfer everything from one account to another in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have three problems, I use Windows 10 right now. One, I need to delete my old account becuase I think it may be corrupt. The reason why is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohammadAnwar3, Jul 17, 2020.

1. I need to switch accounts and transfer everything from one account to another

Hi, I have three problems, I use Windows 10 right now.

One, I need to delete my old account becuase I think it may be corrupt. The reason why is because my Windows Defender will not scan. It won't even start the timer.

Two, I need to transfer files and apps from my old account on Windows 10 to my new account.

Third, even on my new account Windows Defender scans don't work...

If you can fix my first problem, at least, that would be great!

:)

MohammadAnwar3, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. transfer settings and files from one user account to another in windows 10

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Can you please confirm what is the current build installed on the computer?

• You can directly transfer files/folders to one account to another account by copying files and pasting in the destination account.
    Use Windows Explorer to navigate to C:\Users to the account you want to COPY - Right Click on the Folders (and/or files) and COPY - go to the other account and PASTE where you want to put them. Repeat as needed. Do not delete
    the folders and files from the account they are in until you are sure they are duplicated where you need them.

If the issue persists, Check to see if it works by converting the Microsoft Account to Local and then back to Microsoft Account. Here`s how:

• Go to Settings from the
      Start
      Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click
      Sign in with a Local Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out
      and Sign in.
    • Then convert back to Microsoft Account.
    To connect back to the Microsoft Account, you will perform similar steps:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a
      Microsoft Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out
      and Sign in.
    • Your account should now be connected again.
    You can also use Windows easy transfer method to transfer files between accounts.

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 17, 2020
  4. I need to switch accounts and transfer everything from one account to another

How to transfer Money from one Microsoft Account to another.

Hi Austin,

Transferring money from one account to another can only be done by a Parent account to a
    Child account in a Microsoft Family. If you want to transfer a money to another account, you have to set up a Family account by following the steps on this

link.

After creating a family account, you may go to the child account and click on Add money.

Should you have any other queries, you may reply to this post anytime.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

I need to switch accounts and transfer everything from one account to another

1. I need to switch accounts and transfer everything from one account to another - Similar Threads - need switch accounts

2. Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another: Hello.I would like to merge one Microsoft MS account with a second MS account. Specifically, I would like to transfer all information associated with the former account, including Windows settings and files, to the latter account.This is needed because Windows 11 requires...
  3. Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another: Hello.I would like to merge one Microsoft MS account with a second MS account. Specifically, I would like to transfer all information associated with the former account, including Windows settings and files, to the latter account.This is needed because Windows 11 requires...
  4. Transferring everything from one account to another on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring everything from one account to another on Windows 11: Hello, I have a bit of a problem. When I initially set up this PC, I created a user account using someone else's Microsoft Account log-in details, believing it wouldn' be important. After making my own Microsoft account, I would now like to easily and efficiently transfer...
  5. Transferring everything from one account to another on Windows 11

Transferring everything from one account to another on Windows 11: Hello, I have a bit of a problem. When I initially set up this PC, I created a user account using someone else's Microsoft Account log-in details, believing it wouldn' be important. After making my own Microsoft account, I would now like to easily and efficiently transfer...
  6. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  7. How to transfer everything from one Microsoft account to another?

How to transfer everything from one Microsoft account to another?: Hi all - I've 2 Microsoft accounts. One has everything I need not just files but settings, saved passwords etc, basically my world! and the other has pretty much nothing but that's the one with the active subscription and that's the one I want to be using with everything from...
  8. How to transfer everything from one Microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer everything from one Microsoft account to another?: Hi all - I've 2 Microsoft accounts. One has everything I need not just files but settings, saved passwords etc, basically my world! and the other has pretty much nothing but that's the one with the active subscription and that's the one I want to be using with everything from...
  9. Transfer games from one account to another

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer games from one account to another: I bought Minecraft before Bedrock edition came out and I accidentally redeemed my free copy on my other account; is it possible to switch the game from being on my other Microsoft account to being on this one?...
  10. How to transfer everything from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer everything from one account to another: I have new account to use. So I want to create new account to Microsoft store but still keep the data and progress of games. How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-everything-from-one-account-to/1ce45dec-e5d6-4d93-907c-0631c7086be0