Windows 10: I need to take work computer and change to home network paths and old user need to be deleted

Discus and support I need to take work computer and change to home network paths and old user need to be deleted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to change a work computer that was on a network into a regular home computer. I need to disconnect from work network and change owner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard Shelley, Feb 17, 2020.

1. I need to take work computer and change to home network paths and old user need to be deleted

Hi, I'm trying to change a work computer that was on a network into a regular home computer. I need to disconnect from work network and change owner name. I've backed up all my files on an external drive that I need that were on the original network and desktop. I have the old login and such, but I want to get rid of all of it and start fresh with just 1 user me. Then I'll add my programs again which I have purchased. I can't seem to find an easy way to do this. Thanks in advance......

:)

Richard Shelley, Feb 17, 2020

2. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Feb 17, 2020
  3. How to delete old share from showing up in network

Use these steps to remove a mapped network drive using Command Prompt:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
    3. Type the following command to delete the mapped network drive and press Enter: net use d: /delete In the command, replace the “d” for the drive letter of the mapped drive you’re trying to remove.

Code:
      In the command, replace the “d” for the drive letter of the mapped drive you’re trying to remove.

4. Restart your computer.

After you complete the steps, the mapped network drive should not longer be available on your device.

FreeBooter, Feb 17, 2020
  4. I need to take work computer and change to home network paths and old user need to be deleted

delete an old network

I have an old network still showing in lists of networks how do I remove or delete it

mazetta crawford, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

I need to take work computer and change to home network paths and old user need to be deleted

1. I need to take work computer and change to home network paths and old user need to be deleted - Similar Threads - need computer change

2. Computer needing to be changed to work computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer needing to be changed to work computer: I bought a laptop for my job and purchased 365 subscription under my existing live.com account. After a week, my work decided to reimburse me and make this a work laptop for when my consulting gig ends. My work then requested I purchase and install Windows 11 since they did...
  3. Computer needing to be changed to work computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer needing to be changed to work computer: I bought a laptop for my job and purchased 365 subscription under my existing live.com account. After a week, my work decided to reimburse me and make this a work laptop for when my consulting gig ends. My work then requested I purchase and install Windows 11 since they did...
  4. Need to change the directory path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to change the directory path: I changed the path letter on my secondary drive which had some games from the Microsoft store and it can’t find the games but the files are there so how do I tell it to look at the new drive letter...
  5. Need to change the directory path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change the directory path: I changed the path letter on my secondary drive which had some games from the Microsoft store and it can’t find the games but the files are there so how do I tell it to look at the new drive letter...
  6. Need to change the directory path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Old computer for someone in need NO hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old computer for someone in need NO hardware change: Hi all, I'm trying to get someone on low income up to speed with a legit copy of 10. His old laptop started with Vista OEM + free 7 upgrade presuming also OEM. NO HARDWARE CHANGE HAPPENED. Upgraded to 10 for free but did not connect MS account. Then switched to Linux....
  8. I need to delete a user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need to delete a user account: how to delete a user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-a-user-account/c605bc4c-da89-4442-a5c3-d1217abfd189
  9. Change network path to a different user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change network path to a different user: I just got a new computer and I'm having a problem setting up my file system the way I want. After a crash on my other computer, the network path was ... \\DESKTOP-XXX##XX\\users\adbre it truncated my name. I created another User Name XXXyyy I want to use this User/Profile...
  10. I need advice on which path to take.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need advice on which path to take.: Recently I screwed up my system and am backing up all of my partitions before I do anything and following any advice. I was playing around with PhoenixOS. After installing it to the HDD, I discovered that it added a dual boot, which I don't want. After some searching I...